Apparently...

• Baller
Apparently Chris Parrish was not on the Masters invitee list until he qualified through the LCQ. Does anybody know how he would not be an invitee? I checked the Masters site list while the LCQ was going on and did not see him listed. How could that be?

• Baller

@9400 I thought the same thing. He should have been invited based on the fact he was at the top of the IWWF list last year.

The ways to be invited.

1. Defending open men and women champions of the 2014 Masters in slalom

2. IWWF approved current World Record Holders as of February 1, 2015 in slalom

3. The top seven (7) ranked open men and women listed on the final 2014 IWWF Elite Ranking List for slalom, which closes December 31st, 2014.

Champions of the following Masters approved tournaments:

2015 Moomba Masters

2015 World Cup Mandurah

2014 Malibu Open

2014 Pro Water Ski Shootout

2014 California Pro-Am

2014 Nautique U.S. Open

• Baller

OHHH. I miss read that. Silly me, I guess the IWWF World Rankings are irrelevant.

3. The top seven (7) ranked open men and women listed on the final 2014 IWWF Elite Ranking List for slalom, which closes December 31st, 2014.

• Members
Both lists are useful. I like to think one shows who can do what it takes to put up the best scores possible, the other shows who does what it takes to make it to and compete well in the most pro competitions. @Horton , please explain why you think Elite list is no good? For instance, it got Brian Detrick into Masters, well deserved. He is a great competitor. Just like Tgas, not a favorite to run 41 on any given day, but a great competitor.

• Administrators

@CaleBurdick I appreciate the idea behind the Elite list but weighting the Elite Points by the cash prize does not make sense with the current mix of pro cash prize events. The final list is not always a reflection of the the real pecking order.

The bias toward World Cup events is a lot of the problem or it was in years past.

@MattP and I did this last year and I think it is a lot more meaningfull than the Elite List.

• Baller
@scotchipman I never said use it exclusively. I think there needs to be a way to use both in the invitation process and it so happens mine/hortons method accounts for both. Nate, Chris, Will, Fred, Thomas, Jon, and Joel + LCQ qualified winner would be a killer line up of skiers as well.