CENTURION BOATS AND SUPREME BOATS JOIN THE CORRECT CRAFT FAMILY

Horton

• Administrators

ORLANDO, FL (June 11, 2015) - Today Correct Craft announced that they have acquired a majority interest in both Centurion Boats and Supreme Boats.

Both Centurion and Supreme have long and proud histories in the towed watersports segment. Centurion is the official boat of the World Wake Surfing Championships and has been since it began in 1995. Both brands, which are powered by PCM and Crusader Engines, are manufactured in Merced, California.

Correct Craft also announced that both brands will continue to build their boats in Merced and that there are no plans to make any changes with company management.

Rick Lee, longtime owner of Centurion Boats, acquired Supreme Boats in 2011. Lee will maintain a minority ownership interest in the brands and continue working with them in a consulting role.

Lee stated, “I am proud of all the people who have worked to build the Centurion brand for over three decades. I am thrilled to have both Centurion and Supreme become part of a team that will not only continue to build our brands and legacy but also provide opportunities for our employees.” Lee added, “I am very excited about our future.”

Correct Craft President and CEO Bill Yeargin stated, “We are very happy to have both Centurion and Supreme joining our family. The past few months as we have worked together to finalize this deal our mutual respect has grown and we are excited about the things we will accomplish as a team.” Yeargin added, “Our Correct Craft family has grown significantly over the past few years and we are pleased to add two new brands in the towboat segment; we plan to immediately begin working to grow both Centurion and Supreme in the global marketplace.”

• Baller
To me, this makes a lot of sense. The brands already used PCM, another Nautique company. And since neither brand really competed directly with Nautique, they don't run the risk of eroding Nautique's market share. Essentially, it's a shot at companies like Malibu.

• Baller
I wonder how much they will shape what the 2 companies boats are allowed to become. Only thing i know about Supreme is that they make some really cheap looking wake boats. Centurion wake boats have some interesting features but the dashes and controls look like they were assembled from radio shack parts. Nautique has the capability to clean up those boats and make them a lot more desirable so that they could actually compete with Axis/NXT - be interesting to see if they do.

• Baller
This is really interesting news. I am curious to see if this affects prices on Centurion. On the opposite side of things - how are Mastercraft and Malibu going to respond to this? The way I see it - Nautique is doing some very smart financial moves to diversify - investing in engines, boats, parks - and who knows what else!

• Baller
What is there to respond to? Malibu and Mastercraft already have their "discount" boat lines, Nautique is just catching up. In terms of diversification Malibu is building its trailers in-house for 2016. Be interesting to see how that goes, I really like the BoatMate trailers that they were using - and I own.

• Baller
@swc5150 - think they would dump their existing dealers to move the boats to Nautique dealers? Besides - around here that would be the invisible 200 parked next to the invisible CP since neither the local Nautique or Centurion dealers stock a single ski boat

• Baller
Really interesting, not sure if selling Nautique and Centurion Wake/Surf boats in the same dealership makes sense though the prices aren't that much different are they? The Supremes might fit nicely as a budget line with some tweaking or even under a new name(s). Perhaps they are thinking like what the Pontoon makers are doing..... they build two almost identical boats with different names/graphics and slightly different features. That way two dealers in the same market can sell their products. I just hope my next Carbon Pro doesn't cost $75K!

• Baller
My understanding is Correct Craft is the parent company of Nautique, PCM, a bass boat company, a few other things and now Centurion and Supreme. As much as Nautique would like us to think they are taking over the world, it's the parent company. Looks to me CC is creating a fully inclusive line up of brands. Imagine of you go to a Correct Craft dealer and see 3 lines of ski boats, bass boats and whatever else they buy up. Having PCM and the other engine company give you more control. It will be interesting to see how CC manages the 3 ski boat sister brands.

• Baller
@Nando Yup, I live about 5 miles from MN Inboard. Being near the biggest Malibu dealer in the country kind of skews your view of their market share ;) You don't see anywhere near the number of Mastercrafts and Nautiques and the only place I've ever seen a Centurion was at the boat show.

• Baller_
All I know is that I was Promo CC for 10 years and everyone and there uncle wanted to ski behind my boat at tourneys but when it came to selling them, only one boat went to Minnesota buyer. Everyone owned Malibus.

• Baller
I want to add to this post... This makes brands like Gekko and Sanger even more attractive to me.... Having said that The mid 90's MC and CC boats are still my favorite ski boats. Nothing the matter at all with big business, just like the idea-l of smaller mom and pop operations in our sport.