Somebody still read Waterski Mag!

03lightning

• Baller
Until this year I've subscribed since about 1984 but my renewal came and they wanted about $ 83 (Canadian) for 2 years. That's a little too much for my blood. I guess that's what you get for living up here in the frozen north.

• Baller
Risto works his ass off to get out a quality product that he hopes people in our sport can enjoy. I've heard that if it wasn't for him keeping things going with a shoestring budget, it would probably be doomed. It costs hardly anything to subscribe and I'm personally glad our sport still has a high quality, newsstand magazine. If it didn't, it would be one more illustration of our sport's decline and give us one more thing (along with ESPN) to talk about having in the "good 'ol days."

• Baller

I enjoy getting Waterski, still have a box somewhere with 20+ year old copies... it is not like it used to be but no print media is. I find the cost has decreased, got a deal on a 3 year subscription a while back for short money...

They need to continue to shift and IMO do a lot more product reviews and instruction articles with the great visuals they have. They seem to do a great job showcasing the athletes, and I think I speak for everyone that we are all gear junkies and the gear does help push the sport. So much cool stuff in skiing.

• Baller
Water Ski in the mailbox.....stop right there and page through to see the newest and latest. Just like Christmas when it comes! Greatest bargain there is when you consider the cost/price of water skis and new boats. How can they print a glossy magazine for so little!!!

• Baller

I still get it and like getting it. It's a nice bright point at the end of a workday when I trundle to the mailbox and there it is waiting to be read.

I have no idea about any of WS Mag's operations or numbers but generally:

As far as how much content there is, keep in mind that print and mail costs (which generally aren't going down) are largely footed by the advertisers on most printed publications. A magazine must maintain an ad/editorial ratio such that the production costs for pure editorial pages are covered and then some.

Basically support the mag by supporting the advertisers that pay the freight on the mag. More advertising, more editorial.

• Baller
I still get it. The only negative feedback I have is why did they change the dimensions a while ago. I had a specific shelf for my back issues and then all of a sudden I need to come up with a new shelf.

• Baller
So, this is pretty funny to me. Never got my free subscription from the boat show so I decided to sign up for the $5 subscription deal at the end of July. Didn't really think of it again until today when I get an issue of Waterski that showed up in my wifes name (the name the free subscription was under) OK, fine at least one of them showed up. Was leafing through and found a couple things odd, took a look at the cover - June 2015, the one in the picture at the top of the thread ;) So I wonder if they are going to be sending out all the other old issues too.

• Baller

Mine just ran out recently too, and I was thinking I would let it go. I have had a subscription for years and years, and still have a drawer full of old issues I liked particularly for some reason or another. One reason for letting it go is that I was finding the content I really wanted here and elsewhere online. But after reading the last mag I received and being reminded of Todd R.'s efforts, and reading this thread, I am going to re-up. $25 for three years sounds fine.

EDIT: Just re-upped, and the link that @foxriverat posted worked exactly as described. Cheaper than Amazon even before the extra year for $5. The other link which was a family and friends link did not work for me.

I enjoyed reading my last two mags I received the other night, after they had sat there all summer. The mag looked pretty darned good to me, and well worth less than 2 bucks each. I think the June issue was the last I received.