what are you working on?

Horton

• Baller

For me it's handle control, especially off the second wake, and vision. I have a bad habit of rushing the finish of my turns, if I look across and pick up the next buoy in front of the boat it really helps.

That and discipline in practice to work on longer lengths instead of just cutting the line. I've been using my 33.5'-off "Cheater Loop" and it's helped a ton to get me more consistent at 35'.

Relax arms, yes, but to the hips, and not the waist. Look up course from the buoy, ski through the imaginary fence, try to keep the handle, proud, as long as possible, allow edge change, then reach, turn takes care of it's self, try to back side the ball, handle relaxed and to the hips, and repeat. Easier said than done.

• Baller

1. A big #1 here is consistently focusing on the same thing set to set. In past seasons and for most of this season depending on what I read that day and what I saw in video or what I may have felt the previous set, I'd change my focus and keys constantly. Chasing my tail and not getting anywhere. That's gotta stop.

So this year it's

2. Pullout width. Getting out to "real" width on the boat takes a new found faith in the turn-in timing from that nice wide glide. Your whole picture of the course in the glide changes. The mental game for me here is trusting the new look at the course and the new timing. No matter what, every pass I will achieve repeatable and consistent width and conquer this.

3. General tallness/straight legs/stackedness particularly into 1/3/5 turns

4. Skiing back to the handle/being progressive out of the turns/delaying handle grab

#3 helps #4 which in turn creates alignment behind the boat. #3 and #4 together give me more level shoulders and have all sorts of side benefits. #2, the new gate width, will be the biggest mental hurdle but the couple times I've seen it and felt it it's like a tear in the fabric of space-time, a true next-level feeling, a "wormhole" to shortline-land.