New Ski Suggestions?

khuckins

Hello, I am a 5'3" 115 lb woman and I am looking for a new ski to become more aggressive. I currently ski on an O'Brien World Team and I do primarily free water skiing at around 30 mph. I have also skiied on a family friend's EP Tactic, but after hearing horror stories of old skis blowing up and injuring people while skiing, I am not going to use it anymore. My local marina recommended the HO Couture Freeride, but I am concerned that the Freeride might be even less aggressive than the World Team? I tried a ski last season which I believe was a Freeride, but I am not positive, and my dad's friend called it his "old man ski." (I could be thinking of a different ski, though). I am looking to spend less than $500, but I am also willing to buy a more expensive ski used. Does anyone have any suggestions of intermediate level skis that will allow me to become a more aggressive skier?

What about the Radar Theory? I have used a friend's HO Triumph and enjoyed it, and I read somewhere that the Theory is similar to the Triumph? I also think that I read that the TX is the new version of the Triumph?

• Baller_
Any Radar would be good if sized correctly as well as just about any D3. Lots and lots on SIA. The difference you will feel on any of these skis even 4yrs old will be shocking...in a good way. I like the Radar brand only because you can start with a P6 or a Therory and work your way up the levels of skies they have with little noticeable differance other then you are able to go faster and shorter line lengths if you ski the course. And as said, just about any D3 will work well. Your budget is plenty large enough to get a great ski with great boots in a 2-3 yr old ski. Don't waist money on a brand new one unless it is a deeply discounted like last seasons ski or a blemish (usually the graphic is not perfect so they sell them for way less.) Best of luck and check out SkiItAgain.com.