Radar Vapor GoPro mounting

MattL

• Baller
Me and my dad @toddl want to mount a GoPro to our slalom skis. I have the floaty backdoor and the surfboard/ water proof mounts. Are there any other things that I need to buy or does anyone have any advice/ previous experiences with GoPro ski mounting?

• Baller
I have the same setup but was reluctant to ever use it do to all the comments of the case cracking at the hinge due to vibration and guys losing their cameras. I remember someone here made a custom float that was bigger and filled all the space between the back door and ski which reduced vibration. That seemed like the best idea.

• Baller
I taped a second floaty door to my case (one in top of the other). This allowed the back of the GoPro to rest on the top of the ski. Reduced vibration and kept the camera mount from auto rotating towards the sky during the set (which it did regardless of how tight I tightened the adjustment knob)

• Baller
Get a pylon mount and separate camera. It's cheaper than replacing the go pro when it comes off. Even the floaty door won't guarantee you'll find it because it sits so low in the water. Mine came unclipped. The mount was still on the ski.

Ran my gopro a ton on the front of my ski. No issues at all. Floaty back door and white anti clip release is all I use. Did not use the white anti clip release for a while and it fell off once. No big deal as it is easily found. I would not tether as that will keep it attached and banging on the ski which could injure both ski and gopro.