Broken d3 t-factors

Stejcraftben

• Baller

Hi all.

Went out for a quick winter set today and noticed that my binding had broken. The ski and bindings are not even 6months old. They havn't done much work either, maybe 6 sets a week max. I don't do them up tight either. Anyone else had this problem? wn2p2yozffpt.jpg

jxf1v3h4mdd4.jpg

• Baller
I had a problem with the front part ripping on the first set I had. D3 sent me a new piece for free even though it was past warranty period. They offered to fix it but I didn't want to wait. I used that set for several years with no other problems. Do you use lubricant to put them on. I prefer shaving cream.

• Administrators

@Stejcraftben just contact D3 or local dealer they will take care of you. Any rubber binding product is going to have some failure rate.

If you're going to ride rubber bindings D3 makes the best in the industry and their customer service is second to none

I had a similar problem with a Radar Vector binding - so it's not necessarily a brand-related problem. Also, Radar took care of me, just as Horton has suggested D3 will take care of you. My prediction is you'll have this resolved to your satisfaction pretty quickly.

• Baller
Spoke to the local supplier here in Aus. They are un sure if it's still covered under warrenty but will get back to me. They are happy to sell me replacement parts to fix it but! If it's not covered I'll be buying something else as I think 5 months out of a set of bindings is just crap.

• Baller

@Stejcraftben I talked to Paul Crawford via email and took care of the issue for me. The first set I had I used for 3 years and the only reason I got rid of them was the person buying the ski wanted them. D3 has some pretty good sales during Nationals and holidays. I bought a complete new set of T-factors for 20% off just in case I had another failure. Luckily I never had to used them but it was worth it to me to not have to worry about downtime again.

The failure on mine looked like a material defect, not a manufacturing defect.

Here's the contact info I had.

Paul Crawford

swagsales@citlink.net