2015 Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Horton

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@Booze is in for so much trouble. If everyone skis to their average the cut for the sweet 16 is 2 or 3 at 38. So if @Booze skis to his average he will likely face a skier whose average is mid 41 in the head to head.

• Baller
Don't assume that everyone is currently exceeding their average. School started ,water temps changing, less daylight after work hours... Their may be many who are hoping to get close to their average. With this format, anyone can have an "on" day and stand out above the rest.

• Baller
F me! After beating myself up for 3 weeks I decided to check the fin. Pretty close. But how in the hell does a front binding move almost 1/2 inch?!?! Me suspects fowl play and that I should not leave my ski sitting on the dock all summer. Hmmmm. Now I've created so many new bad habits to overcome my already bad habits that I'm royally screwed. Good thing I'm quite an accomplished drinker and trash talker.

• Baller
I haven't put a ski on in 3 weeks, since I sprained the ankle I broke last year. I appreciate that @Horton has me as not eligible :) In my mind, he thinks I'm sand bagging. In reality, I'm broke down and suck. Most important here is @Chad_Scott can't be driving since he's skiing, right? They were telling him to put X's on the side of the boat after his crap driving almost killed me in Axis. ;)

• Baller
@Chad_Scott will be driving. Actually were thinking about throwing together a last minute trick tournament since he will be here on the 2nd lake. Once we fish the buoys off the prop he is the best trick driver around. Plus I heard him say once he would rather drive that than slalom any day.

• Baller
He has to remember to tone it down a bit when he drives G1. Yanked the handle right out of our little ones hands pulling her out of the water at Regionals in Arkansas a couple of years ago he did! Got to adjust for pulling 50# out of the water instead of CP. He's good once he gets in the course though... ;)

• Baller

Batterson Pond, Hartford CT:

Quite wide. You could run Slalom out & back there. The Pro Tour had decent luck with conditions, but the days that we set up the site for the first time had whitecaps. Spectating for any quantity of an audience needs grandstands; shoreline was flat or even sloped downward some.

But, at least it's not the Connecticut River. The year the Tour went there was perhaps the greatest disaster of an event in the whole history of the Tour. Current and even some tidal effect, since no dams between the site and the ocean. Good spectating with a clear view for only about 100 spectators.

• Baller
@Edbrazil we attended Batterson events twice. Didn't go to the East Hartford stop heard that was pretty rough. Both times @ Batterson it was hot, humid and glassy. We sat right next to shore on the beach in beach chairs and on a blanket. The coarse ran across our view about 30 or 40 yards from the shoreline. I remember some bleachers or seating set up by the announcers tower. And lots of swag and a pro tent where Andy signed a post card for my son. They raffled off lots of gear and a Moomba boat. There were well more than a thousand spectator cars parked in the fields off of Batterson Park Road. I thought it was a pretty good set up all around and super exciting to see Carl win the slalom finals.

• Administrators

Handicap results

Skier

1 Kevin Fennel

2 Matt Leach

3 Bailey Austin

4 Mark Turner

5 Shawn Boozer

6 Mitch Ross

7 Dylan Melnar

8 Richard Hall

• Baller

This was a fun weekend! Thanks to everyone who spent so much time to make this tournament happen! This was a much better experience than going to our local tournament. This is because everyone that came to this tournament absolutely loves to ski. Everyone was having a blast this weekend! It's a privilege to ski with people that are this passionate about this sport. Thanks again to everyone who set this tournament up and made this such a fun experience!

s2ritgngfvee.jpeg

• Administrators

Head to head final results

Asher 6 @ 39

Neveu 5 @ 39

Caldwell 3 @ 39

Leach 4 @ 38

Ward 3.5 @ 39

Trent 3 @ 39

Bishop 2.5 @ 39

Lori K 2 @ 39

• Baller

Thanks to everyone that worked to put this on. Centurion, HO, BOS, Wakeye, any other sponsors, the Aquaplex and officials. It was a really good time and a good vibe.

Like @MattL said, everyone there loves to ski. The mix up of Ams, MM and Open skiers was really interesting and fun, especially in the H2H today. I would do it again in a heart beat. As I wait for my flight home I am contemplating a CA BOS event next Fall. Hmmmm, maybe adjacent to the ProAm...

• Baller
Just got text from @razorross3, his 3 tourney average at this point is exactly the same as his tourney PB! Kid set then repeated his personal best in two tourneys as skiwatch in FL then did it again at the BOS cash prize. For a MN kid who doesn't ski all that many tourneys..."game on" young Mitch! Too bad the season in MN is ending or the blue line would fall soon.

• Baller
The head to head format worked out well. It was a little confusing in the boat to start with because we sometimes had different speed skiers going against each other. But it was fun. And regardless of the seeding, we had a skier take out a much higher rated skier at one point. Pretty cool. Willie running three 39 1/2s in that wind was pretty freakish. As well as both his and Caldwell's tailwind 39s. That was manly! I think the funniest thing I heard from the boat was from Jay Leach after his first pass. "If I had dentures I'd be gumming it right now cause those waves would have knocked em out!"