Skier hits fish

Mayhem

There was a little slalom skiing on the news tonight. The lake mentioned is a lake I ski often. Between this and kids passing away from amoeba infections after swimming it seems the local news is trying to clear the lakes for me. I may have to build some of those shin guards.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/07/09/fish-fins-removed-from-water-skiers-leg/29941851/

• Baller_
Best friend hit a carp barefooting. Run to the ER, painfully removed several fish bones and a week later more had migrated to the surface of his foot and had to be removed as well. Funny thing was the serous barefooter among us was telling a story before this had happened of a friend of his that hit a fish a decade or so ago.

• Baller

At Canyon Lake's season opener in May, a bunch of us watched a duck hop up on the ramp as a jumper from San Diego approached. The duck flew up just as she hit the ramp, and bounced off her helmet. Photographer Mike Clary (mikeclaryphotography.com) managed to catch most of the sequence, include this awesome shot that shows both jumper and duck in somewhat less-than-ideal midair positions. Both skier and duck were fine -- thankfully, no trips to the ER for either one.

Mike's sequence of photos was featured on San Diego Fox5's newscast, which is anchored by San Diego Waterski Team skier Troy Hirsch.

d0wrb8o8jba3.jpg

• Baller

A girl up the road in Michigan hit a gar fish head on and speared right through to the side of her shin and out her calf muscle. Many years ago.

I'm hoping to not encounter one of the monster Amurs we have in our lake. They are 3-4 foot long with lots of girth.

I was skiing in our local course years ago and hit a muskrat. Yeah OTF big time. I was uninjured but freaked out and about walked/ran on water back to the boat. We had to go get the beast out of the middle of the course with a rather large gapping slice right through the middle.