Frontier airlines

skier2788

• Baller
I know that there are a few pilots on here. I am looking for some help with a baggage claim on a frontier flight. Flew from Austin to denver and upon arrival found my sportube crushed and ski cracked. Guy at baggage claim took some terrible pictures of it all and gave me a number to call this morning. To start with it was the wrong number. Got the new number and got told twice it wasn't their department and transfered. That eventually lead me to getting an answering machine and leaving a message.two hours later no return phone call. So far frontier has been terrible

• Baller

@mwetskier that is awesome I wonder what I could do....

@oldjeep that is what I asked but the manager in denver was having none of it. I politely asked her schedule and will be having a face to face in the morning. If that fails it will be to Adams County Courthouse to file with small claims court.

• Baller
Come up with lyrics and send the busted ski to @Ed_Johnson and he could probably do good with the song. He did the Vapor one "all about the space ". Think @ToddL wrote the lyrics. Good luck with the ski. A whole new meaning to The Final Frontier.

• Baller
@skier2788. If you own a home and have Homeowners Insurance you may be covered under the policy for the ski and case. You should check with your Company and/or Agent. Damage should be covered minus your deductible and if the company pays you they will go after Frontier to gat all the money back they pay you, since Frontier should be the one paying you in the first place. If they are successful in collecting from Frontier you will also get your deductible back. Even if you rent and have Renters Insurance the same may be true, Check into it, it's easier than small claims court too. Good luck.

• Baller

@adkh2oskier thanks that's good advice

after a trio back to the airport and sitting with the baggage claim manager for over an hour arguing policy. I got them to pay a portion of the sportube because as they put it. "It wasn't new" bought December 2013 so it's real old. They are going to pay to have the ski refurbished/repaired.

a lot of leg work and phone calls. Lesson is if a ski is damaged stay at the baggage claim until they do something. Take pictures fill out a form they are suppose to give you but dont. Don't take anything they say at face value. Will avoid Frontier at all costs now.

• Baller
@skier2788 I actually have dedicated insurance for my ski and equipment, my insurance pays out even if I damage my ski while in use, they have already replaced one ski that got ruined with a really bad handle ding, if you look around at activity insurance, it is not that expensive, I probably pay around $60 a year, a no brainer if you are travelling with your ski quite a bit.

• Baller

I live in the UK so you guys would have to look around in the USA, like I said there are activity insurance agents that insure, you for - travel, and/or personal injury and/or equipment.

Activity equipment Insurance comes in four categories, Air, Land, Water, Snow.

Water Category has :

Canoe/Kayak - Water Skiing - Wind Surfing - Swimming - Yacthing/Sailing

Good Hunting !

• Baller

@skier2788 It might be easier just to deal with your Home insurance, most policies have a "replacement cost" provision which basically pays you the full cost to replace it even though the item was not new at the time of the damage. As for the ski, in your first post you said the ski was cracked? If so, how would anyone repair or refurbish it? And at your level of skiing, if it is really cracked, would your trust someone to repair it. If it's cracked I wouldn't trust a repair unless it came form the manufacturer, you sure don't want to be coming into 5 ball @ 35 and have the ski break in half and risk serious injury. Something to think about.

• Baller

@adkh2oskier the tip is cracked at about 3 inches down. The repair would be made by manufacturer. They want released from all liabilty with it even after the repair. Which I can understand. Since the crack is not in what zi feel is a critical part of the ski I am not too worried. Sucks the ski is less then a month old.k4gch7q9226c.jpg

• Baller

@MattP Boat US offers as an add on rider to their boat insurance. Below is from their site.https://www.boatus.com/insurance/policy.asp

Watersports Package

Up to $5000 in Actual Cash Value coverage for your watersports equipment in one convenient package! Includes increased medical payment limits, automatic tournament coverage and more! (Available with any BoatUS policy, except PWC Policy)

• Baller
@oldjeep l8vin gm in Colorado I know a lot of people who regularly fly in with Frontier. I will warn every single one of my experience. Baggage claim agent fails to take clear photos of damage gives me a number Frontier no longer uses. Then leave a voicemail with no response for 30 hours and that's only because I kept calling. Was given a second phone number by Frontier care on twitter that was no good. Finally had to drive an hour back to the airport to show them my stuff a second time. Only to arrive at this solution.

• Baller

@MattP I can not tell if the watersports coverage applies to airline travel or just gear in your boat. Let us know what you find out.

Add a Bundle of Extra Coverages for your watersports gear by selecting our WATERSPORTS PACKAGE -- just $30 in addition to your premium

Up to $5000 in Actual Cash Value Coverage for your waterskis, inflatables, wakeboards, scuba or snorkel gear.

Increased Medical Payments Coverage -- $5000 per person.

Automatic Tournament Coverage -- Should a claim cause you to miss the event.

Entry Fee Reimbursement for Competitive Wakeboarders or Waterskiers

http://www.boatus.com/pressroom/release.asp?id=918#.Vagt6NJViko