Dear Marcus Brown

greghayes

• Baller

Thanks for your Flow Point series, especially the latest episode (S2 EP4) - Bullards Gnar. Having grown up skiing on sites like Bullards Bar, Lake Shasta, Lake Nacimiento and the Sacramento Delta, this latest episode captured a quintessentially Californian experience of being on the water in the summer. Your series is evocative, aspirational and narrative in the spirit of the great Warren Miller. @MarcusBrown - you've captured the spirit of the west coast - keep the fire burning bright!

http://www.ballofspray.com/video/82-pro-skiers-video/2394-bullards-gnar-flowpoint-tv-s2-e4

• Baller
Takes me back to the days of skiing and camping the various lakes and rivers when I was younger. This is where most of us probably planted our roots. Plan on getting back to those lakes and rivers once I get out of the rat race. The private lake scene is nice , but getting out in nature is a good thing to do. Thanks for posting the video.

• Baller
Yes indeed. Grew up skiing, fishing, crabbing and camping in the Great Egg Harbor estuary in Atlantic and Cape May counties NJ in Patcong Creek, Great Egg River, Tuckahoe River, and Cedar Swamp Creek. The pond I ski in now is like a little Northeast US wildlife refuge. Abundant, birds, fish, turtles, lilly pads, trees, wild flowers, surrounded by forest, and of course lots of glass.

• Baller_

@greghayes and everyone else...thanks for the love.

Trying to create something that can reach and inspire an audience that otherwise might go unnoticed and/or untouched.

I know standing on the podium at a pro event can inspire and promote water sports. But pro events aren't what they used to be....there aren't as many eyes. And those podium finishes don't have the impact they used to. Its a shame, because the level of skiing today is better than it has ever been. But the viewership and audience is smaller than its ever been. I know there are many many reasons for this, but it just absolutely kills me to see the shift in focus, from the industry leaders, away from pro skiing and towards Big Dawgs. It may be a great business model in the short term.

But what about the future?

Until my body allows me to get back into shortline skiing, FlowPointTV is my avenue to reach and inspire. BIG thanks to HO Skis for believing in my project and supporting it since day 1.

Let me know what you guys want to see on FlowPoint TV next season and I'll see what I can do!!

MB

• Baller
@MarcusBrown your series inspired me to do my own very amateurish version with my GoPro , love the series and I think everyone paid you an ULTIMATE compliment in mentioning you alongside the great Warren Miller. Cheers!