Looking for a first boat? It does NOT get better than this!

Horton

• Baller
Mighty lot of boat for $12K would last for many many years. @horton you wanted a project that could be 9/10ths of today for under $15K...pretty close here short of ZO. Drop a 'gazer and z-box on there and call it good.

• Baller

Got a buddy I ski with regularly that has a '95 with LT1 and Powerslot, one of my all time favorite boats to ski and drive. Can't imagine that thing isn't already gone at that price, especially with a tandem trailer??

@Wish you maybe thinking of the '98, the infamous DeathStar?

• Baller_
Wow. This is the equivalent of a "barn find" for cars. My cousin has the same year/model with the same color scheme and no LT1. Knowing what he paid for his and the difference in hours and condition, this boat is an absolute steal. The 95-97 hull was excellent in skiing and tracking.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
We skied behind a '96 MC from 2001-2007. Great boat. With modern power I would still be happy to have it. Of course it would take some work. My nephew has it now. Tower and all. After 2000 hours it would need more than a little TLC to look decent again.

• Baller
If it's going to be a Mastercraft, make damn sure sure it's not a 1998 model. You could die in that thing. The worst slalom boat ever...unless you get the one we had that all kinds of wings/bondo added by the factory people that made it mildly serviceable.

• Baller
LT1/Powerslot is one of the all time best combinations for skiing. Come on @Horton, figure out how to add ZO to it cost effectively (we have a 97 LT1/Slot and love the boat, just not the lack of ZO).