Dirt rocks!

eleeski

• Baller

Idaho is one of the best sites around. I went to Portland/Vancouver via Idaho. The setup gave me my best tournament performance in years. Broadside is a fantastic site. @Horton (and other western skiers) go to Regionals next year just because it will be a fun time with perfect conditions in an interesting place.

@richarddoane Stan's lake is dry this summer so when I come visit him we have to travel to ski. I might run into @Dirt and I will coach him - if he skis with me he will be a moving target for you. You'll just have to come visit the desert if you want to beat @Dirt . Of course the invitation is open to him as well.

I love it that there's some smack down about tricks!

Eric

• Baller

@MS hates kids. Everyone knows it.

@richarddoane it will take more than a new trick run to beat me. I may have to pactice if the smack talk continues. Tricks are difficult to learn and keep.

@eleeski I heard you are coming to liquid zone this week. I will have to take you up on the coaching offer.

• Baller

@Horton I took a trick ride with @eleeski yesterday. It was really fun and his coaching is excellent.

I know Horton will enjoy this part. I pre-turned a WBB, my reflex released and pulled my groin and hit my head on my trick ski at the same time. Tricks are dangerous.

• Administrators
@"Mateo Vargas" funny. Ask @dirt about the first time his dad watched him jump.... he tells the story like is was my fault but you know how Dirt tells stories

• Baller

Dave is a VERY talented skier. At first, I was thinking about just keeping him ahead of @richarddoane . After skiing with him, he needs to go after @Horton and qualifying for MM tricks. With some regular practice he could excel in tricks.

He and his wife were great and fun to hang out with.

Overall skiers rock!

Eric

• Baller

@Horton Don't be too sure. @Dirt is a real threat to MM tricks. It looks like he's qualified currently in MM tricks - at least he's listed there. I need all of both passes to stay ahead of his potential. A few sets with Stan, Brandy or Janie and he can do well. Lovin it!

• Baller
@eleeski with the scores that made podium for Tricks, I'm going to have to get back in! Might have to come see you or drag you to AZ; better yet AK, for some coaching. Smart and Doane I'm coming after you. Ha. I think I hit 1,000 in college 25 years ago.

• Baller
In the east I could qualify for Nationals easily in tricks I think there are only two skiers registered. I thought about doing this before when my son was skiing Nationals but I really want to beat the COA in slalom to go to Nationals.

• Baller

This is great! Tricks is more of a performance art than raw competition. The point total barely matters. What is fun is seeing the show that each skier puts on to highlight their talent. No two runs will be the same so the entertainment for the other relevant skiers is very high. Will @richarddoane put that new trick in his run? Will @AKShortline be able to handle warm water? Will @Dirt remember enough of his old trick run? How many one handed tricks can @Horton put in a run? Will we get to meet @Chef23 ?

Scores do matter a bit (will these guys pass me?) and the competition is real. But you are competing both against yourself and the other guys. It is all about putting on the best show - the winning point total is secondary. Go to the tournaments, participate and entertain us and yourself by tricking.

Then go slalom and jump for the precisely measured competition.

Eric