Nano XT or Nano XTM?

OldboyII

• Baller

I am 56, 200, 5'10'', LFF

Skiing second season and closer to September planning to go to buoys.

Started on HO Freeride, after - on HO Triumph (my current ski).

Certainly lot of things to work on and I understand that ski is not the most important issue for skier of my level.

But recently I had a chance to do few passes on Goode Nano XT and that was amazing (though a bit harder)...

So, now, naturally I can't get rid of idea to buy Goode ski.

My question is - which one?

Need help: what would be right choise - XT or XTM?

I certainly would not like to overdo and buy the ski which is too early for me.

Any Pros and Cons?

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Yes, this is true, but I'll never have a chance to try XTM. My logic is like with alpine ski: if I tried and liked certain model which is a bit short for me, the most probably next length will behave almost same in regard of grip, torsion, stiffness etc. with some corrections.

Or this is not correct with these skis - width changes ski behaviour a lot and shortly say XT and XTM simply two different skis?

@swaterkd this is exactly how I think.

• Baller

Demo a flex tail.......

On other models, you can always have your seller ship the ski you buy direct to goode and then have them put inserts in and then they ship it to you. That is if the ski you buy does not already have the inserts in. Let me know if you need help.

• Baller

@GOODESkier Thank you. Im in Moscow, Russia. One way shipping is some $200 plus 30% customs tariff for items higher $1000. And too hard to send Items back through customs. So no training shots - only one shell in gun.

Is flextail wider than XT? Is it a Mid-ride like XTM?

• Baller

@DW I haven't skied on a ton of other Goodes other than a Fire Mid and a Nano 1. The Nano 1 and I never got along. I gave it half a season and could never get it to perform well for me. Unfortunately in a fit of boredom I over the previous winter I had traded my 9960 Mid for the N1. For me the 9960 Mid carried speed and turned hard. The N1 always seemed slow to me and I struggled to get it to carry out to the ball. I am sure some of that was me but the ski just never felt right. It might have been a little small as I was 220 lbs at the time skiing on the 66.75"N1 but I skied at the same weight on a 66" Mid.

For me the Fire and 9960 skied very similarly. I only changed because the bottom peeled off the Fire and Goode didn't have any more in stock so they sent me the 9960 as a replacement.

• Baller

My guess is that the 9960 mid and the 9900SL mid have the same shape but different construction but I don't know that for a fact.

I found the Mid to be more forgiving than the N1 but I haven't skied an XT.