Camaro sizing

Bill22

• Baller

I know it's summer in the northern hemisphere. I am getting ready for fall and looking at Camaro BlackTec 1.5mm Mono/Shorty.

I think I read that Camaro sleeves run short? I can't stand to have shirt sleeves that are too short. Maybe in a wetsuit it's not as annoying? I am not that tall at 5' 11'' but I am tall for a guy that weights 135 lbs. Looks like a "M" should be good...

I have read a lot of good things about Robby's ski shop and sent them an email already.

• Gold Member

I have orangutan arms myself -- probably my only real genetic advantage for slalom!

I wear the large at 6'2" 170. The sleeves are too short, but I actually consider that a feature because they don't interfere with my gloves.

• Baller
@Bill22 I recently got a 0.5 Modtec long sleeve top from Robbie. It is certainly a nice top, but I won't be using it in the fall or spring in 50-some degree water. I can tell it'll not keep me near as warm as my 2.0mm Titanium LS shorty (I'll never wear a drysuit again).

• Baller

@dchristman glad to hear you like the Modtec. If the water is 50 F I don't think I would be able to find a driver. You must live up north. I have a good O'Neill full suit for cold water.

I am thinking if I get the BlackTec I will never use the ONeill suit again.

• Baller
At 5'8" and 158 lbs. I think I need to go large. Afraid the medium will be far too tight in chest and shoulders. I was able to try medium shorty in the Camaro with built in vest and could hardly move. I know you want them tight, but got to be able to move and breath. Leaning to large CAMARO BLACKTEC MONO 1.5MM

• Baller
dchristman if you wear your .5 motec top under your ls shorty you will have tremendous warmth and won't feel water rushing on to your back through the zipper on the shorty. This set up with my two Camarro ms keeps the wet suit in the closet.

• Baller
@cent I have a Camaro Titanium 1mm sleeveless top that I wear under the shorty for that purpose. The Modetec long sleeve would be a bit too much to squeeze into the arms of the shorty - the shorty is so tight it's hard enough to get into the arms as it is.