Slalom vest sizes?

hemlock

• Baller

Anyone have a chart size for slalom ski vests?

It seems easier to order online these days as our local shops don't carry

much inventory.

I'm looking for the comp vests that are pull over.

I'm about a 43" chest and 34" waist. What size do you wear?

• Baller

I'm 6'2" 180lb and have an Eagle and a Camero. Both are front zip and are Large. The Camero floats be better so that's what I'm using now. Next on will probably be a Eagle with extra floation which I believe they come with now. The Eagle seems well constructed and made in the US. Plus they do a lot to support waterskiing.

One of my ski parners has a pull-over and its a fight to get on and off.

• Baller
I'm 6' tall , 185lbs, 42" chest, and have a 34" waist. I own a large Radar X vest and it fits well. 2 years ago I bought a Radar Decibel and it was a medium and was a good fit. Second Decibel was a small and fit more snugly which I really likely as it wouldn't roll up in a fall. The new Radar Vapor vest I've got is a small and it's freaking huge! I barely even have to stretch the vest over my fat ass to get it zipped. Not sure who Radar is making comp vests for these days but it won't be me anymore. It's borderline rolling up when I'm just floating in the water.

• Baller

Thinking about ordering a new vest online for the weekend specials.

Was looking at the Radar Vapor comp vest. Is it still recommended to get one size smaller

as it will stretch a bit when in the water?

I'm about 40-41" chest, so thinking Medium size.

• Baller
I have around a 39" chest and have a Large. I think a Med might be a little tight. I found a 2015 Vapor vest or clearance on the internet a few months ago. Paid $99 with free shipping. Marine products. Its comfortable. Heavy duty zipper.

• Baller

@hemlock, I'm a 43 chest, 34 waist. I've got an XL Eagle that fits perfectly and have an extra Radar Decibel vest hanging in my garage that's a L. I just sold a Syndicate vest that was a size L, as well. We seem to be Large in everything but Eagle.

The Radar Decibel vest is my ski partners, and came with a package deal. Its on SIA for $75. Looks unused. He wears a Radar Vapor vest in XL and it feels too big for me.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Ski_Vest&postid=35315

• Baller

I haven't ordered yet. I'm wondering if I should try one on before I buy, but there probably won't be sales by the time I get down to a place that sells them. (7 hour drive)

Some conflicting sizing on the Radar Vapor... @Waternut (42") find the Small size (spec'd at 31-34" chest) too big, and @gregy (39") finds the Medium (spec'd at 34-37") too small.

Now what?

:smiley:

I would prefer a tighter fit to a looser one for sure, and I've heard others say always get one size smaller than a normal fit as it will loosen up somewhat when it's wet.

Should I look at an Eagle? They have some cool graphics and maybe their sizing charts are more accurate?

• Baller

I'm 6'1 215-220 44" chest 34-35 waist (depends on brand, 36 too big). I have used Eagle for years but tried a Radar Decibel vest beginning of summer (killer deal, half off) but took it back as too stretchy. Usually XL but tried L as well, fit tight in store but no good in the water. Vapor and similar O'Neil's too stretchy too. Perfski was great on swaps, ended up getting a Camaro top (XXL, fits tight, perfect) from them on swap plus $. So stepped up, paid full boat to Eagle and got an XL front zip that fits quite tight and stays tight in the water. Eagle doesn't seem to stretch nearly as much as the others in the water, tighter but I like that. Couldn't be happier but they only seem to last 2 years for me, FL year round.

I don't recommend pullovers. I had one and it was a bitch when I tweaked my shoulder. Shoulder, arm, neck or back tweak and you will be hating life every time you put it on.

• Baller
I guess it does depend on the fit you want. The small for me did not ride up much when just floating but most times I dropped in the water, it would slide up a little. 6-8 passes meant 6-8 readjustments which is unacceptable in my book. I bought an O'Neil checkmate vest size med and although it chafed my arms some, it stays put. Loved the old Radar Decibel vests but hate the vapors.