Monte Carlo

Stevie Boy

• Baller

So what's the story here, I have seen them and they are Excellent Quality when it comes to the finished product, have any ballers ridden one, are there any ballers out there that have an opinion on the ski, I am trying to evaluate whether it is a ski, that is worth spending the dollars on, I would definitely seek to demo one before purchase.

I have one concern and I am not sure if it the line length that is involved, but most video of skiers on the Monte Carlo, shows the ski tip rising out of the bouy, most video available is of top skiers at short line lengths.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy I just rode one for the first time yesterday. To say this ski is great is cutting it way short. My Warp is officially retired and I am interested/excited about skiing again. Wasn't getting any tip rise. Had at least 5-6 people asking me how to get one to try. I'm not ready to let anyone try this one yet. My boots are stuck on it.

• Baller

So @Horton what happened to you excitement? Did you get a Chance to try it out? The ski is working great for Manon & Freddie.

I just bought mine and let me tell you It is a beautiful ski, you can appreciate the quality at first glance. I have only six sets on it and I changed to an R-Type back binding so it's a completely different feel form what I was previously skiing on.

I'm trying to get the feel of the binding set up before I can comment on the ride or the difference with my previous ski.

Any one out there on a Monte Carlo care to comment?

• Baller

@scotchipman I've been skiing on it and it is an amazing ski. I took it to my club and a couple of guys tried it and order theirs. One was on a Warp and told me that is faster and more stable. The other one is on a Mapple T3.

I'm amazed at how quickly it accelerates, turn smoothly and it is very easy on the edge change.

I'm no expert but if you try it you will not be disappointed.

I wish @Horton could do a review, specially because being a Warp fan, and the guy who rides the Warp here telling me he likes it more.

I also sent a couple of emails to Boris without reply. I guess the guy is super busy these days. I am trying to figure out how to buy this ski, but it is not obvious. The online shop offers shipment to the US and Korea only. If you live in Europe ???

• Baller
@thrix I live in Geneva, Switzerland and from time to time I go skiing in a private lake where a guy, Alexis Baroni, is part of the MC team. If you wish I can ask him how to get a MC ski here in France or Europe ? Actually I will go next Friday August 5th

Got hold of one MC 16 and today I tried it.

I bought it.

After just a couple of sets I think it is the best ski I have ever been on.

More sets will prove that right or wrong.

I was in total control and stable without feeling like I have a tanker under my feet.

Fast stable and agile at the same time. A first for me!