The Prostar 6.2 is a horse

6balls

• Baller

I was one of 4 guys with a barefoot suit on a few days back...3 of us go 200 and the 4th I'm guessing 230 lbs. I'm thinking there were two observers. We ran a 4 man barefoot deepwater start no problem. No real extra time waiting to breathe, water was like concrete when I stood up.

By contrast...a 2000 Malibu Response LX (Monsoon) with 2 of us doing barefoot deep starts and one observer was not quite as quick.

I was really impressed by the crazy power of the MC 6.2 such that @razorskier1 is sure he can go up in prop, ease her up a bit, drop some rpm and not really lose anything. Quite a motor.

• Baller

I actually stood up in the wake on the deep as one of my partners wasn't giving me any space :smile: I was on it for a pretty good corner edging and wasn't having difficulty.

I didn't foot the boat solo so didn't do any wake crossings perse. One of our guys who can do one foot wake crossings thought he could do them behind the Prostar once he was used to it. He did rapid 2 foot crossings no problem.

In looking at it, it wouldn't be a good tourney barefoot "wake" boat as the edges are non-existent so judging a complete crossing would be tough. For riding rough water it appears one could get up into a very flat area close to the center of the wake and have the ride smoothed out by the boat.

Overall the Response has the better footing wake, but this workable. We slalom a lot and barefoot a little. Plenty acceptable to me and wow the power. One of the only inboards I've driven that I believe may match my outboard Ski Centurion Falcon Barefoot to 40.