GOODE Launches the all-new Nano 1FT™

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2015/Nano1FTheader.jpg

GOODE Skis kicked off the 73rd GOODE Water Ski National Championships today in West Palm Beach, Fla., by releasing the latest ski in its high-performance lineup: the Nano 1FT™.

The Nano 1FT takes water skiing's most buzzed about technological advancement in years – the patent-pending endoskeleton, carbon-fiber backbone and through cut support ribs featured in this year's hit FlexTail™ – and combines it with the world-record breaking performance of the Nano One™ shape.

“The new lateral flex technology featured on the FlexTail turned out so well that we began looking for another shape in our lineup to utilize it on,” says Dave Goode, founder and president of GOODE Skis. “Some shapes are more conducive to certain skiing styles, so we wanted to make sure that we give our customers a chance to find the best ski for them.

“The Nano One shape was the obvious choice. From day one that ski and its successor, the Nano OneXT, have been phenomenal skis. They’ve set numerous world records and countless personal bests. But now with the new lateral flexing tail technology, that great shape is going to be even better.”

To learn more about the Nano 1FT or FlexTail, visit the GOODE booth during the GOODE Nationals, or visit store.goode.com.

Characteristics of the Nano 1FT and FlexTail

Nano 1FT

A more “connected feeling” with the water

- Tighter, pivot-type turn

- In general, preferred by skiers who are on the lighter side of each ski length’s weight range

- Medium effort ski

FlexTail

- Ski sits higher in the water

- Faster out of the buoy

- More “automatic” from apex to first wake

- Easier effort ski

• Supporting Member

My first question for Dave on Friday will be: Would someone use the same length N1FT as N1? My N1 is the greatest turning ski I've ever been on, with no second place. So the Flextail improving that further might be more than I could handle?? Maybe what I'd then want is to go up a size, so that the FT gives me about the same turn but with the ability to generate more speed going across? Or would I then be horsing around something too big for my size/strength?

I'll try to remember to summarize Dave's answer for everyone.

• Baller_
There is rumor that @OB IS working to pay for his addiction..yes I said working. You may actually catch him in the cockpit of your next Delta flight. He will be the one in the left seat with captain bars on his shirt and a Nano 1FT securely stapped into the right seat...co-pilot to be found somewhere in coach.

• Baller
Time is going to tell with the whole flex tail thing, from a marketing and reputation management perspective it might be a tricky innovation to back out of and maintain credibility. At the end of the day skiers are just mugs who want to believe that's why we are such an easy sell I guess... We don't hear a whole lot about the twist these days..

• Baller
Yep I agree Than, skiers are pretty quick to forget and it has to be that way. We have to keep buying to fund the R&D process for better or worse. We are like fishermen, eternally optimistic! And I'm no exception.

• Baller
I'm waiting on the Nano One XFT. That will be the best ski EVER if a flexible tail "technology" is truly helpful. Hey I thought last years ski's would be on sale with all this new stuff coming out. Doesn't seem to be the case?? I honestly think that if the Nano One XT was still available in the Goode Store, I'd buy another one as a back up to my Nano One XT. Just in case.

• Supporting Member

@OB WTF!? That is the exact score that I told Chris Rossi would make me buy a new Vapor.

How is that possible? Isn't that also the first -38 you've run this season?

Were you just skiing really well today or is that ski some kind of giant breakthrough? Or were you practicing on Dr. Michaels' site??

Keep that Dual-Lock on there so I can slap my OB4 plate on!

• Administrators

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

• Baller_

I skied a 1FT tonight. Very impressive. Excellent turning and I was earlier than I have ever been. Too early in one instance. I could really feel how much that ski will turn without getting you in trouble for turning that much. I felt very confident on it and I still don't think I even pushed it to get everything it has. I believe it is creating space for me that I haven't seen before.

For full disclosure, my bindings didn't have the proper holes to be located in the recommended position. I was running them well forward of stock. I also skied the 1FT in my 3rd set and would really like to give it another go when fresh.

Oh, and the water is cooler now as well. 68 degrees. To handle like it did tonight in that water is also noteworthy.

With all of that high performance stuff said, I still experienced a very smooth, responsive, and controlled ride. I adjusted to it immediately. Cross course speed was great. Angle was great.

This was all with just 1 set on an already tired body. I'm hoping to get a few more opportunities with it.

I also witnessed another ski buddy running a regular Flextail. I can tell from the boat that it is different. The turns, angle, and speed are all there and very, very noticeably different.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.