GOODE Launches the all-new Nano 1FT™

Horton

• Baller

6th set riding the N1FT yesterday. Breezy and cool. Four 35's btb, and a 2 and 4@38. That's a better set than i had on the FT all through the middle of summer (6+ weeks of ski time). It's a keeper.

- hardly EVER stalls at finish of turn

- aggressive carve and easy inititiation of offside turn

- if you stand on it properly and don't get deep...BAM...instant change of direction on both sides.

- comparison of 66.75 N1FT to 67.75 FT....it's definitely a 'stickier' ski. Doesn't feel as fast but conversely is easier to gain and hold angle even with a bad turn. Goode description says it rides deeper, which I believe.

My onsides are inconsistent because I'm fighting the urge to do my normal big hard tail-sliding turn. I get better results by not getting deep and maintaining tip pressure. The issue then becomes having the right lean and rope tension at the finish, to handle the sudden change of direction.

• Baller

@booze

I totally agree. After getting it dialed in with help from Trent, this ski is so good.

Everything you said is spot on. At first I was worried that it was too sticky but once I got the fin and bindings in the right spot,

I am plenty wide and the ski will turn and keep going even if your not in the greatest position.

Not so for me on the 67.75 FT.

I'm definitely keeping this one.

I'm only getting into 28 off but My 22's are more consistent and I'm really close to running 28 which was not on my radar this year.

• Baller

Trent had me ski it (66.75) as is but he said that he bet I would be going shorter.

He was right. Offside was insane and on was sluggish.

I moved From 6.830 to 6.825 tips old caliper 2.500 and also moved forward to .711 from .705

Bindings are back 1/8 to 28 7/8. Radar vapors. Size 11.

I get up over the front of the ski a lot so he knew I'd need to get the attitude of the ski up more.

• Members

I took my first ride on the N1FT tonight.

Background:

I have been skiing on the N1XT since June '14. It goes around a lot of buoys, even when I don't feel like I am skiing well. My best tournament score on it is 2.5@39, but seldom (but occasionally) feel like I am crushing 38. Mostly, I feel like I am making a ton of mistakes and the ski is riding tip high, but again, it keeps going around buoys. Sometimes I run 38, but mostly I don't. I always run 35. I thought the N1FT might be magic. My wife bought it for me for my birthday a few days ago after hearing me complain about the XT.

Tonight:

Caveat (excuses) - I got up at 4:30, worked and drove all day and skied at dusk in a cool, light rain. So, maybe, there was a lot going on that had nothing to do with the ski. That said, I know what the ski felt like, even if things weren't optimal. The ski felt glued to the water through 35, even to the point where I broke forward a couple of times. However, before breaking forward at 4 or 5, I was super early and it felt good. I tried 38 twice and had the tip come way up in the turn and failed to run either pass. All in all, not an improvement (for me, tonight at least) over the XT. I didn't have any "Eureka!" moments on it like when I rode the regular FT for six passes a couple of months ago. I will give it some more tries and have Greg B watch and maybe suggest a fin tweak (I skied at factory settings). At this point, I feel like the Flextail might be a better option for me.

• Baller
I could not do anything on the flex tail, but the NanoOne FT fits suites me much better. I was skiing marginally better on it than my NanoXT. I am unusual that my offside (1,3,5) is much better then my on side. My onside is too slow or the radius of the turn too large, if I shallow the fin I can get a better on-side but it is too much for my offside. I was able to put one shim on the offside "slot" to slow the turn, and shallow the fin for my onside. We will see how it work when spring arrives, but I had my best practice set of the year in Dec with this setup (4@39)