The new VTX

oldjeep

• Baller
I wonder of it's available without the tower and ballast, like a Sport Nauti 200? Response VTX written on the side would look much better to me than Wakesetter. With a mobile 14mo old daughter, there are days I wish I had a V drive.

• Baller

You could order a 2015 without a tower, and the stickers are optional. I pulled my wakesetter stickers off because it looks so much better without them. You wouldn't want to eliminate the ballast, they ski better with a little bow or center ballast. I run my bow tank full (300lbs) because during the ski part of the day I've typically got a full 41 gallons of fuel onboard.

http://oldjeep.com/images/Malibu/IMG_4717s.JPG

• Baller
This would be a game changer ,but I'm not buying into it. Looks like way too much weight to produce world class ski wakes. I'm sure it's skiable , but my guess it makes a better wakeboard / surf boat. I wish it could do all three world class. It would be my next boat !

• Baller
Had a '08 diamond hull VTX. Nice boat. Couldn't take the wake anymore at longer line lengths so bought a TXi. Big difference. Don't think they could make the VTX wake much better. At 3500 pounds with motor in the rear it's just hard to make a great slalom wake. The promo videos all show the pros skiing at probably 28-35 off. Wakes not bad there but longer line lengths are tough to slalom.

• Baller

So if they can fit 1200 pounds of ballast in a 20 foot hull here, how come I can't get 1200 pounds of ballast in a Txi? If I could get a Txi with a wedge, 1200 pounds of ballast, and the tower that doesn't get in the way of a shortline rope, that would definitely take the cake.

I guess what I'm saying, is that I wish they would make a "crossover" boat that started out as a ski boat and then added wakeboard accessories instead of vice versa. Kind of like the old X7, but starting out with a good hull like the TXi, 200, or new prostar.

• Baller
Kind of hard to put the same amount of ballast in a response. No room for a center tank, lack of freeboard would make the bow tank small and the rear tanks would have to be mostly above floor. The seating and storage would still be problems.