Horton

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

4od3ugxmdu4e.jpeg

Just picked up this 2001 Malibu Response with 325 monsoon, perfect pass stargazer and only 252 hours. Took off the wedge, changed out the old 4 blade prop for an Acme 515 and placed 50 pounds in the nose. Has more grunt now, is smoother, turns about 100 rpm less, a softer wake and does 47+ mph.

• Baller

@bananaron :smiley: Thanks for the compliment. Sorry but my Barefoot Sanger is not for sale.

@6balls :blush: Thanks she is a 2 thumbs up awesome boat. Can't believe I found one so nice. The SeaDek, spring loaded ladder and spring loaded pop up cleats really tops it off nice~!

z6vxiz11dohd.jpg

v8jzfh0apsxb.jpg

vd3fiaa4qx7h.jpg

kfcgd9qt36cl.jpg

0tpralz46ftz.jpg

• Baller
So many beautiful boats in this thread that mine pales next to many, but, after missing out on a bunch of nice boats, I was lucky enough to find this 2007 196 with ZO that I'm very happy with. Wasn't that enthused about the R/W/B color scheme at first, but it reminds me of my first Nautique, a '73, and it's grown on me. Got one last shot before it went away for the winter. Those of you from South Canada may recognize the setting...

2002 196

So she's finally done (well, you're never actually "done"). Stripped off all the old decals (boat is actually a 196 Air), polished the hull and put on new decals. Added Wet Sounds Pro 80s and sub and changed the engine. Replaced the original 2002 5 litre 305 HP PCM Chevy with a 2007 6 litre ZR6. That was a bit more work than expected because we had to add 4" to the engine cover to accommodate the bigger engine. But everything worked out great in the end.

kqm36gghk86p.jpg

1h1lwiqwj29r.jpg

• Baller

Which one?

aucwwjwq90lw.jpeg

Or

13lc5hf0dwbz.jpeg

The Prostar is going to be sold this year, and we’ll be getting another one. I love those Mastercrafts. The 196 will go in the boathouse on the river. Gotta get Jody to do a ZO conversion on her. Hard to beat a 196 for a river tractor.