Natick, MA storm, @than_bogan in the news

Zman

• Baller

http://m.wcvb.com/weather/storm-wreaks-havoc-in-natick-framingham/34745480

Spending time with family at the beach in New Hampshire. @Than_Bogan was one of several reaching out with ideas for places to catch some ski sets. Watching local evening news covering bad storm in Natick - low n behold, Than is on the news commenting on the storm, wearing his OB4 ball cap (couldn't read it, but he told me). Than comes on about two thirds into clip, one of his ski buds before that. Way to go Than, hope you don't mind me posting news clip.

• Supporting Member

HA! Was wondering if anybody would catch that.

In classic "news" fashion: I dodged every one of his sensationalizing questions, but I did admit it was the largest tree I had seen fall from wind. I am told that is the only line they used. (I doubt I will actually watch this. Don't need to see myself after 40ish hours without a shower, during which time I sun-blocked twice, skied once, sat in an airport for 5 hours, and got home at 2am. The OB4 cap was on mainly to avoid scaring my neighbors with the state of my hair!)

I am told @rayn was also quoted, most likely equally out of context!

Anyhow, everybody in the neighborhood is totally fine. I probably incurred a couple thousand dollars worth of damage, most of it to the lawn and sprinkler system. Should all be covered by insurance (minus deductible). One house had a roof badly damaged which is awfully inconvenient, but also covered by their insurance.

My kids actually loved watching it live -- they had never seen anything like it and perhaps won't again, as supposedly it was a "microburst": kinda like a small, short-duration tornado. I thought they might use my younger daughter's line about how cool it was so long as nobody got hurt. But in retrospect her cuteness wasn't enough to overcome the fact that she wasn't nearly panicked enough to fit their narrative...

My favorite part was after my interview my wife started joking about how I should have done a Dave Goode style interview, standing there with my ski in hand (which was handy because I was unpacking from my Palm Beach trip). Then every time he asked me about damage and fear, I'd find a new way to say "Well, at least my prized Goode waterski is OK."

(We were all pretty giddy standing in the street, so we found the idea quite hilarious.)

• Baller

@Than_Bogan. I was the poster boy for the storm on Channel 5 ( @Chris Eller ) with a Coble ski school shirt on. We had a tree as large as Than's crash into our house, 1 4 inch branch penetrated the roof, but other than that, lots of gutter and eaves damage. Water damage inside on the ceiling from the rain. So we are going to have quite the insurance claim.

Everybody was ok, and the path to the water and the boat went undamaged. The water is up 4", so we are back to quite a bit of backwash :( Because really that is all that matters.

Also @Chef23 had a tree land on his house causing some roof damage also.