Ski Paradise

DGravelle

• Baller
Ski Paradise is an AWESOME experience. You will make lifelong connections and friends when you go there. My wife and I had a great time there (in 2008) - I would recommend it to everyone. The accommodations are TOP Notch - and the views are stunning. The food is fantastic and the skiing is awesome. Gordon and Gabriella are fantastic hosts!!

• Baller

It was $2600 per skier last winter. 6 days of skiing and 7 nights in the villa. My only complaint is that it was too nice for me.

Seriously though, Gordon and Gabriella are the best. Great accomodations and excellent coaching. Whether you're an expert tweaking your form or a total 'I'd like to try the course' novice like me, they can hook you up.cj3yv3a8udds.jpg

0hbr0lrkr0d0.jpg

• Baller
It really is a slalom paradise. Lots of other non-skiing activities for the skier and their non-skiing spouse. You're generally done with your rides by early to mid-afternoon and have the rest of the day to play golf, surf, dive, fish, shop, or, what most do, go back to the villa and hang/drink/eat.

I am not involved in the booking so cannot be 100% sure on this but i believe that the non skiers are around $500 less than the skiing guests. We generally ski from 8 or 9 in the morning until around two or three (depending on which car you ride out to the lake in) then we can split again and head out for the many other activities in the area. We surf one to two times per week generally and as @jimbrake said above golf, dive, snorkel, shop or just about anything else we can find. The Acapulco cliff divers are a weekly excursion for those whom have never seen them (30 meter dive into 3 meter water) and lots of hanging out poolside with your favorite top skiers. Gordon just made a couple more acquisitions for the coming season in the form of another new suburban and the Bush's last Prostar, so now we will have a new Mastercraft to go along with the 200 currently on-site. It is shaping up to be a great season in Mexico this winter so make sure to come down and catch up with the latest gear and theory in slalom.

• Baller
Beware of the hidden cost of going to Ski Paradise. I went when I had never even seen a course before. On the 3rd day, I ran my first complete pass, and was instantly hooked. The resulting addiction cost me 6 more trips to Acapulco, 2 boats, built a lake, and built a house on the lake. That first trip to Ski Paradise cost me well over a million dollars when I add everything up! ;)

• Baller
I had a great time there and felt the instruction was excellent. I felt my wife would get bored there and I am glad I did not take her. Unless your wife would like hanging out at the Villa or going shopping alone in a predominately spanish speaking city then it may not be for her. If she would like sunbathing at the palapa and hanging out with you and several other guests between sets then I would say take her. I just knew my wife would not enjoy it so she went to London to see our daughter and I went skiing. Great location, great food, I went fishing and had the whole boat to myself with 5 lines in the water for $ 150. Acapulco bay is one of the most beautiful. I had one of the best jetski rides of my life, exploring the bay.

@DGravelle, just do it! We went last year for the first time after years of putting it off. I wish we would've went sooner. It is the only vacation I have ever been on that I wasn't ready to come back home from at the end of the week. This will be an annual trip for us. @Tevskis, Amy and I still yell Up, Turn, GO from time to time. We will be there for tennis week this year. The Seattle girls are coming back that week as well.

@Nautibynature uhoh... tennis week with Chris and I is going to be a great time!!! (i think that week is almost full) we need to be sure to get our tickets for the open now since it gets kind of difficult once the tournament rolls around.

Thanks for all the input I think we will have a real good look at going. Wife and I went to mexico last year all inclusive going to jamaica this year for a friends wedding. I find it to slow at these resorts then I came across an ad for ski paradise looks perfect for me but she doesn't ski. but sounds like non skiers enjoy it as well.

@Nautibynature that happened to him much too early in the day to blame it on Coni and the Mescal, that would have to be due to too much SKIING!!! Thanks for being a good sport @Commuterfisher! can't wait to see and ski with both of you guys again this winter