Sweet-water VS Sea-water

OldboyII

• Baller

Not really, salt water is faster and ski rides higher but it is easy to adapt.

I would worry more about choppy conditions and rollers!

I ski 20-30% in salt water and my scores are about the same.

Also during winter salt water tends to stay warmer as the sea temperature droppes in a slower rate than the lake and weather conditions are usually better!

Good luck

Alex,

• Baller

I thought so, I live in Greece, if you are heading to Poros or Porto Heli, both places are more like lakes, very protected with no rollers!

If you are heading to Chalkida again it is very well protected from the North winds and they have a second course for South wind. Sometimes you might get rollers from other boats but overall is a great place too. I ski there a lot, it is the closest to Athens.

Also Nate Smirh is coming to Chalkida in 10 days time for a skiing clinic!

Have fun!

• Baller
One other thought, in open public salt water with a tide, mid or low tide tends to have better conditions. The wakes die on the shallow beaches, in Puget Sound anyway, so that a couple boats can be out and the water can still be ok with no rollers or reverb if you time it right as compared to the other users. (Saturday mid day excepted). If the tide is up such that the retaining walls on people's yards are getting wet, the water is much less enjoyable to ski. Even if no one else was out, if the tide was up at Horsehead, you would get some reverb in a place or two, just from your own boat.