Terry Winter Talks About The Raptor

Horton

• Baller

They have been doing a lot of R&D. The fins and wing are really different shapes. They do testing in a water tunnel thingy in Germany. I think the wings are manufactured there as well.

There has been a lot of very positive feedback from the skiers and they are supposed to be available for purchase within the next week or two.

Terry or Willy can correct me if I am wrong but I think the final ski shape/design for the new ski is not nailed down yet. It should be really good.

• Baller
Had the pleasure of attending a 2 day coaching session at Shadow Lakes with Terry a few months back. Watched from the shore as Terry ran 41 several times. The fin is machined from a solid block and that opens up a lot of unique design possibilities which appear to have been incorporated. I'm sure someone with a video editor can reverse engineer it from the video. Since Terry didn't discuss further, I'll say no more.

• Administrators

Ok guys. I have HUGE respect for TW.

He is without question one of the most technical and skilled skiers in the sport. Is he a man of many words? No.

I pulled him away from the tournament and made it up as I went along. The lack of insightful information in this video is likely my fault more than TW.

• Baller

So I am not up to speed on the details of the design, but attended my second tournament in a lapse of 7 years skiing tourneys, and was pleased to see Terry get out there and ski. Here's a link to his 39.5 off pass, first set of the day...coming back at 41 off I swear his ski was out of the water at 1 ball for a few milliseconds but he made it around 3. Wish I had video'd that.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC1i1OvZdY320S4ZgeCoCC2w/videos

Hi all! So, the wing... it's great! I've been skiing on it since the first time I tried it. It's not overly detectable other than it just feels better! Especially on my off-side. That is where I notice it most. Seems to help the tip stay down a tad better which of course equates to a quicker turn. I would recommend anyone at least trying it when it comes out! As far as TW, just know he is not a man of many words, and the new ski is still in the works. Not much to say.