2016 Stars and Stripes

pgmoore

• Baller_

Great looking boat. Side note: I skied a 2016 Prostar at tournament yesterday. The hole shot with the 5.7 was amazing. Excellent power. In addition to the transmission change in 2015, I was told they did a little engine reprogramming for the 2016 (or at least that particular promo boat).

It skied great and I recorded my 36 mph IM division personal best behind it yesterday. I did not get to drive it, though. There is one more tournament at the end of this month and I may get some seat time to maintain my rating. I've only driven a 2014 once and a 2015 once, so I may not have a great comparison baseline. But, I'll be able to tell how it is working for me.

I wonder what the 50th anniversary Stars and Stripes will look like for 2018.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I think this worked back originally when the boat profile was a plain rectangle. With the shape of this boat the horizontal stripe just looks out of place. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic, but it looks weird. I get the nostalgia thing and I've owned a S&S boat, it just isn't working here. There has to be a way to get the nostalgic look AND mesh with the current boat design, e.g. the 2007TT boats and the 93 S&S boats. Both of those struck a nice balance.

My girlfriend is a Florida Gator and she had a Contender called the "Gator Freighter". I thought it would be nice to surprise her with the "Gator Freighter II" ski edition. This one will be pulling all the Okeeheelee tournaments for 2016.

• Baller_
@jrs my wife is huge Gator fan. As in..DO NOT TALK OR WALK IN FRONT OF TV WHEN GAME IS ON. She even had a blue Handa Accord with orange pin stripe when I met her. Recently we picked up a used PT Cruiser that is the perfect blue and put an orange pinstripe on it for our daughter. Pretty sure I can not convince her to get a new boat. But that one may sway her. I'll have to sign up for an Okee tourny and bring her along. NICE!!

• Baller
I've actually got this thing set up to a point now where I could quickly add the S&S package to any color combination. The possibilities are endless... No reason MC couldn't swing it as well. Heck, for the way I'm editing it, I could probably easily get a graphics company to create a decal package specifically for turning the PS into a S&S.

Thanks @jrs can you explain the major difference with this new set up? I am going to move to the inner pivot point before I ski next I already did the washers but didn't notice a diff. I am used to driving malibu response. Steering on my 14 PS feels stiff like lack of greased rudder or bad cable but everything checks out at the dealer. Don't get me wrong it's not a problem to drive just diff from what I am used to.

Thanks

@markchilcutt I'm sure they made more changes than just what you see in the photo. I've owned a 2014, 2015, and now this 2016. All were a vast improvement over prior years. Each of these new model years have been improved in tracking and steering. This latest one has the tracking on par with the Nautique 200 that most everyone likes to drive. One improvement over the 200 is that you can easily move the rear of the boat to follow the skier without moving your centerline. I'm not saying this can't be done with a 200 but this boat just does it better with a more in sync feeling. I recommend you ask your dealer for a 2015 test drive. Then, if this feels good to you maybe you can make a few of the 2015 changes to get something close.