DP Runs 38!!!

lhoover

• Baller
The Panneton family, avid slalom skiers and BOS fanatics, had a great day at the local Houston area tourney. The Mom ran a PB, son ran a PB, daughter almost ran her 34mph, and Daddy David highlighted with his first ever 38, 1.5@39!! Now that is some really sweet skiing, as well we all know. Congrats to the whole family, but Especially DP with breaking into sacred territory.

• Baller
Not to take anything away for Dave's performance, but I award "skier of the day" to his wife Ann. She ran 3 tournament passes each of her 3 rounds. Anytime a guy can get his kids and wife to join him in skiing a tournament, I consider this an outstanding day. @MrJones, you also do a great job getting full family involvement. @ShaneH, I skied right after Dave and my warm up consisted of watching Dave do his actual warm up.

• Baller

Thank you @lhoover and guys for the recognition and congrats! It was indeed a fun and rewarding day, and happy to defer the "skier of the day" award to Ann. My goal was running 38 at 48, but I didn't get it and was getting concerned I might not ever get it. So I'll take getting into 39 at 49!

Kyle K. and @ski6jones were a great boat crew (SN200 6.0L) and many other folks contributed to this performance: Ann and the kids for putting up with my obsession, KLP for his annual coaching and ski setup, AM for his coaching when I demoed the 6.1, Horton for this forum and the lessons we learn from others, and my ski buddies and Pat for allowing us to ski on his lake!

One piece of advice I can pass along...practice does not make perfect. We can not be perfect, we ski on water not walk on it. Rather, practice makes progress!