@razorross3 kills it at skiwatch

6balls

• Baller

So young Mitch had only run 32 off once in a tourney and had a PB of 2@35 off, 36 mph going into a 6 round slalom weekend at skiwatch. He spanked 32 off in five of six rounds...his best one in a tailwind to set up a 35 off headwind because he had become so confident that he would take the tailwind 32 off.

So on the weekend he tied his 2 @35 off PB first round Saturday, then 1.5, then well...let's re-set the PB and get a full 3 in round 3.

On Sunday he ties that 3 @35 PB again in a tailwind. Wow...now he's feeling good just go out off the dock 28 headwind (instead of 22), smoke a 32 tailwind so we can have a 35 headwind...geez kid was on fire. It was a great time watching it unfold! Congrats and keep it rolling...blue line needs to get spanked.

• Baller
A number of factors I think. For sure @Chet played a role with some great coaching this spring. He has remained very committed to Chet's plan. @razorross3 is also skiing on my old Mapple 6.0, a ski on which I was lights out at 38 off. His consistency on this ski has been amazing - I want it back! Finally, he has been skiing more of his sets straight up the line in practice (vs practicing at longer lines), and his sets have been shorter (6-8 passes vs. 10-12) but more focused. I'll let him fill in any other blanks.

• Baller

Yeah, it was a crazy weekend, I don't think I've ever put down five of 6 32 off passes in I weekend before much less having all of them go down straight up the line. I've been skiing great on the equipment I'm on which has just felt right all season which is odd for 2 reasons; 1) I haven't touched the settings, meaning the ski is set up like it was for my dad who skis 34mph and is 6'1

2) the ski is a half inch taller than me. Literally when I'm holding the ski it stands taller than I do.

While I was down there I got reminded of a few pieces I was missing which were to keep from locking my front knee damn near backwards and put some bend in it instead and to keep my handle down and close to me.

I honestly couldn't believe the results at the end of it. I figured the goal was run yellow every time to make sure I got to look at green 6 times and run it once it twice if I'm lucky, not get out the end gates 5/6 and be looking at the blue line.

If I can keep it up I'll be thrilled, especially now that @horton is setting my BOS cash prize handicap at an average composed my tournament best, it's tie, and the previous best 1 buoy below that. I'll need to start running the thing just to stand a chance!

• Baller
Skied yesterday, I think I figured out a big piece of what it was that I was doing by accident. Your handle never has any business being anywhere but in front of you. This is particularly important after you release. If the handle drops beside you then you have to fall backwards before you can hook up since it will need to be back between you and the boat during the pull, if it is already in front of you then you just turn in and have a tight line and are gone immediately. It needs some tinkering still but I think I'm on to something.