Dry land practice

Fehlindra

• Supporting Member

Nicely done! A step above Perfect Pull in my opinion!

Hours on that would be a waste, but I believe a few minutes each day during the winter can really help build muscle memory for those working on fundamentals of leverage position (which probably should include me!)

• Baller
One of the most difficult aspects of slalom skiing is the limited amount of time each day a person can physically handle being behind the boat actually skiing and thereby developing proper technique. It sure would be nice if some inexpensive device could simulate skiing so it would be easier to improve faster. I can do snow skiing drills to develop technique for a few hours and still be able to just free ski for another few hours. About 30-45 minutes a day behind the boat and then I need a day of recovery before I can do it again.

• Baller_
hmmmm.... I see pain coming if the handle slips or if the ski goes past a point where gravity drops the upper body while lower keeps going up. I think I'd rather stand on something with a skid pad vs strapped into a boot system. And no way am I putting a $1700+ ski and boot system on that thing. That can't end well if things go wrong.

• Baller
I haven't tested it yet so cant say anything but it looks nice. for pure muscle training u get away with whatever that have some degrees tilt but i think its important to get the same feeling u get on dry as you shall try achive on the water when practicing on your stance so at least as u said Wish just use the boot system or attach it with one of your ski that u dont use Horton u have plenty of em but u dont need it u dont have snow and ice on your lake =)

• Baller
@The_MS that boat lift is the reason I missed the tournament at your place a couple weeks ago. The I-beam that held the lift rolled on me and messed up the ligaments in my wrist. My little guy though is ready to “ki”. He’s got pretty good form there, even with no pants on.