Has anyone seen this boat? 2008 Nautique 196 6L

303Skier

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

When new, going from SE to LE to TE was probably a 10-15K jump. Kind of depends on what it's worth to you. I would rather have a key and standard gauges in a used boat, as some of those keyless keypads were pretty problematic (although by 2008 I think they had it sorted out). If you're just going to use it for skiing, the hydrogate is worth nothing to you.

For resale purposes, a 2008, I would guess the delta between a loaded TE boat and a stripped SE boat is going to be in the 3-5K range.

• Baller
The LE package was only about a $2-2.5k jump in price from an SE. In the used market, the value will be more based on the condition of the boat than whether it's an SE or LE. The 6.0 is the price difference maker in this particular boat. My dealer will install a gate for $450. It's not going to mean squat in the value of that boat. If you really need it for trick or jump, get it installed.

• Baller

@303Skier It has the plate, properly adjusted. It is the original interior, just the drivers backrest replaced. Low hours though regularly used and well maintained. I think it drives and skis very well (tournament avg 99), Darin (tournament avg 108) thinks it drives and skis well along with a world famous pro who has used it in the past (when between boats) and thinks it skis and drives well. Roger Clark (a SR driver from Okeeheelee who had a 09 196, has driven hundreds if not thousands of boats and is totally unaffiliated with the boat) checked it out for you and said it is good. Dude, there is nothing hidden, no gotcha, here.

Roger recently sold his 09 196 5.7 with ~570 hrs for $29K, this is fewer hours and a 6L. NADA has low retail at $28.5K and avg retail at $31.9K. This is an above average boat for it's type. At $28K its a deal.

• Baller
@303Skier - if you come down to get the boat and are here for more than a day, you are welcome to come ski at Okeeheelee (have to be my boat though, that one is not stickered for Okeeheelee). If you're just going to pick it up and go, let me know when and I'll come by and introduce myself if feasible.

Okay so, agreed with Todd Yesterday on $26,750 and then I found out it didn't have a hydro-gate last night (My bad on not realizing it). Going to close the deal this AM...I asked him if he'd be willing to take $25,700 for the boat this morning...Said he'd get back to me. Called a few times this afternoon and no answer. Text a few times asking him for a timeline and that I wanted to finalize the deal today. No response. Get a text about 20 mins ago from him saying that he's backing out of the deal and is taking it to MC dealership in the area and selling it for $32k. I'm beyond disappointing and in shock by his business skills.

@Roger - Thanks for all the time and help with this...I'm kinda feel ashamed I made you go out there and take a look at it.

Ballers - thanks for all the help!

The search goes on....

@oldjeep Never hurts to ask...or does it!? Haha.

I talked to a buddy of mine at a Nautique dealer in Orlando and he said that boat was really only worth $25k. You can get a 2010 200 for low 30's so it's really pushing the value of the 196's down.

• Baller
Did I read right that you agreed on $26,750, then reduced your offer to $25,700 after the fact? That might make me reconsider my options too. I'm also not sure how many low-hour, clean ZO TSC3's you're going to find out there at the $25k price point? Especially with a 6.0. I think you let this one slip away.

@swc5150 we agreed on $26,750 before I realized it didn't have hydro-gate. I simply asked him if he'd take $1k less and all he had to say was "no" and I still would've done the deal. Instead he says "let me get back to you" never calls, avoids my calls and then doesn't have the respect to call me back, he texts me bailing out of the deal. I think it was shady he didn't give me the opportunity to do the deal at agreed price. That's what I'm pissed about.

• Baller
It's not kind to kick a guy when he's down, and even less wise if he's "pissed". However to quote @oldjeep "you got greedy", and tried to lowball him. Your buddy at the Nautique dealer in Orlando is full of shit. Just ask him to find you one like it for $25k and see how quick he does! Also full of shit is the seller saying a dealer is giving him $32k. Ain't happening!

@LeonL You saying I'm cheap when I'm about to pay $27k cash for a boat is a bit insulting and funny. All he had to say was "no" and I'd have a boat on the way. This is more about Todd and his huge character flaw and bad business skills. And my buddy at the Nautique dealer in Orlando knows more about these boats as he sells them day in day out. And I don't think you can knock a guy for trying to get a good deal. How many of us have asked for just a little better deal!? What I thought. Like I said, I'm not worried I have cash in my bank and still on a quest for a boat...I'll find one :)

• Baller
Well I apologize for insulting you. I thought better about my choice of words and almost immediately edited the post. You must have seen it prior to my very quick edit. I did however choose to use the phrase "lowball" which is in my opinion an accurate assessment of your offer on the boat. And I still say your buddy ain't gonna find you an equivalent boat for $25k. If he does, let us all know and I'll apologize to him as well as you. Again please accept my apologize for my unfortunate use of the word "cheap".

• Baller

@303Skier Calling Todd "shady" and "This is more about Todd and his huge character flaw and bad business skills" is not necessary and untrue. Kinda getting libelous there. The deal did not go the way you wanted, have some class and move on. Go find your $25K 6L 196 and/or low 30's 6L 200, have a good life and good turns to you.

You admit you and Todd had struck a deal. You, not he, reneged on that agreed upon price and blew up the deal. He is a busy guy, he got back to you as soon as he had time to consider your offer. He did everything you asked, pictures, making the boat available for inspection and so forth. There was a struck deal and you wanted still more off. So he was just no longer interested in doing business with you. He's moving on and so should you.

BTW, the MC dealer isn't giving him $32K, that's what they say they will list it for. Probably sell for a little less, with consignment still gets Todd the price range he wants with a whole lot less hassle. My guess it would end up going South, way south. The boat dealers in S FL do a lot of business there.

@BRY It is a free country and we can have our own opinions on things. But a man who doesn't have the decency to call me back and tell me he no longer wants to do a deal is shady. I asked the man a simple question...Would you take X amount for the boat. I didn't pull out of the deal nor did I renege on the price. He was supposed to let me know if he'd take that amount or not. I even had the decency to send a friendly text saying I don't want to loose the deal over this and please get back to me. So yes, I still think Todd is shady and has zero business skills. You happen to be his close buddy so you're biased. Also not only did he put time and effort into the deal so did I and others. Texting him and calling him to make the deal go through shows "class". Avoiding my calls and text shows...a shady individual. Heck I even left a very nice voicemail apologizing if I had offended him or said something wrong. What did I get from him? A nasty text saying go kick rocks. Not the type of people we need in the waterskiing community. And to say he's a busy guy...we're all busy man, get over yourself.

• Baller

@303Skier -they catch small monkeys by hollowing out a coconut and filling it full of nuts. at the other end they drill a hole and run a rope through with a knot on the end. the other end of the rope they tie to a tree. the monkey comes along and reaches into the coconut to get a hand full of nuts but then can't get his hand out without dropping the nuts which he won't do. trapper strolls up and drops a net over the monkey as he runs and jumps around on the end of the rope but won't let go of the nuts.

just food for thought -not the nuts, the story.

• Baller
@wish it was a FL boat I think listed at $26K even. I contacted the seller weeks ago and got no response. Given it had more hours (about 650 if I recall) and a 343 instead of a 6.0, not surprised it was a little cheaper in the end. Both boats seem to have been nice deals for what they got.

• Baller
@swc5150 & @OB1, you both got screaming deals on the '08s you bought in '11 and '09 respectively. @swc5150, that's the reason you think under $25k is reasonable. Under $25 is far more than reasonable, it's a great deal on any average or above '08. Just my .02.

• Baller_
@303Skier, if you look back in this thread a bit, you will see that this boat was already planned to be sold this Spring if Waterski Atlanta did not reclaim their site. So, there is not necessarily anything wrong - other than no lake to use it in.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.