Will Asher and Kevin Fennell win their division at the Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Horton

• Administrators

CBOSCP.gif

Head 2 Head

1 Will Asher

2 Stephen Neveu

3 Adam Caldwell

4 Jay Leach

5 Ward Mclain

6 Trent Finlayson

7 Kevin Bishop

8 Lori Krueger

Handicap Group

1 Kevin Fennel

2 Matt Leach

3 Bailey Austin

4 Mark Turner

5 Shawn Boozer

6 Mitch Ross

7 Dylan Melnar

8 Richard Hall

• Baller
Skiing with this group was a ton of fun. Skiing the H2H against the Open boys was exciting. A lot of people really stepped up to ski in the wind but the Open guys totally killed it. It was a pleasure to ski against will Asher even if he spanked me by ripping 39 in that 20mph tail wind. I already had huge respect for OM but even more now. We have to do this again

• Baller

Great event @Horton. The lay out of skiing was cool giving everyone a guaranteed 3 sets and the two divisions on Sunday made for an entertaining morning. Between the handicap bracket which was anyone's game to the Masters/open/damn good skiers combined head to head which was super fun to watch. Looking forward to round two!

Also thanks to Aquaplex for providing an amazing site and your hospitality. Your site has some of the best skiing water I've ever riden on!

• Baller

2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday to set the H2H Top 16. On Sunday, those who didn't make the H2H skied one round against their AWSA average. In the H2H, all skiers got their regular score added to rulebook. But the winner was based on line length run. So if an OM skier was up against a MM skier, the OM skier runs 1@41, the MM skier runs 2@41, then the MM skier wins the round and moves on. And the vice versa was applicable too. For a skier who didn't normally start at 32 off, they were allowed to go to the end of the lake and get a 28 off opener unscored.

The only way this format would have been cooler is if we'd have had Regina, Whitney, etc there.

• Administrators

@OB1 I would not let things evolve that way. The purpose is fun skiing not pro skiing. I was thrilled to have Will, Trent and Neveu in the event but the people that I care about making happy are the regular Ballers. Considering first place is only $1,500 in each group I'm not very worried about being overrun by pro skiers.

Having Will, T$, and Neveu on site made it more fun for everyone but if there were 20 skiets at his level I think it would swing the other way. One of the jobs of a pro athlete is entertainer. I am sure the Ballers were extremely entertained watching and skiing against Will, Trent and Neveu.

It was fun explaining to the chief judge and #16 seed that he had to go against Will.

• Administrators
It add to what I said above... if I could find funding for a proper pro event I would LOVE to do that too but the two events are different

2 days late and $1500 short - lol

I realized from the tourney and listening to people talk who run 38 and 39 that I was reaching for the handle too early and the load was blocking my hips from getting through. So, tonight my only thought was too be very patient and let the ski come around fully and never reach for the handle.

1set -Ran 22,28,32, and 1@35 off the dock

Second set 28,32 and 4x 3@35 just inside 4.

It's funny to figure this after the tournament season is over! Lol