L3-L5 decompression done

6balls

• Baller
@RazorRoss3 already smoked my best in the weight room, now it's your time on the stick. Excited for your next season, hoping for a return to form n some fun for the old man. Will help if I can ski a few more sets n a few more passes per set been sliding there for years.

• Baller
Good luck with your recovery @6balls. I'm just 1 year past a laminectomy with fusion, and it is the best thing I ever did. I bet you'll feel the same way. And the back rehab isn't nearly as intense as some of the others I have suffered through. You'll be back at peak shape by ice out.

• Baller

Thanks @marco thankfully I'm not even fused. Just spinous process removal to get to ligamentum flavum and remove it as it was hypertrophied n compressing cord n nerve roots.

So...no instability n no waiting for fusion to mature. Pretty optimistic for good outcome. Took 3 weeks off work. 10 lb lifting restriction for now.

Would think by 1st of year can get after it in the gym with eyes on spring skiing.

Glad yours turned out well. My neck fusion from summer 2014 did, too, but lost a ski season on that one. Thankfully not this time.

• Baller
@6balls -are you able to bend and twist? I was not allowed to do those moves for the first 8 weeks, and that was the most uncomfortable part of my recovery. My back muscles are still somewhat atrophied from the 2 month of inactivity. I'm curious as to what your restrictions are without the fusion component.

• Baller

@marco he did not want a lot of bending twisting til follow up appt at 4 weeks. Too uncomfy right now for that anyway. Feels like may turn a corner soon less pain meds n more mobile today.

I'm sure to b atrophied as well but have winter to get after my core again.

• Baller
@thager safe to say that tourney was the last straw. I tried back here and folded up like a cheap lawn chair on my opener. Pretty sore today but on less meds than yesterday and still an improvement so I believe starting to turn the corner on the immediate post op period. Looking forward to a good rest tonight and seeing what the weekend brings in improvements. Would like to be narc free and start tapering prednisone soon.