How cold do I comfortably ski with my Camaro BlackTec. Baller index air plus water F

disland

• Baller
I ripped the neck seal on my drysuit in the first week of our season and had to wear my blacktec 2.0 with 40* air and 45* water - several times. It wasn't ideal, but I wasn't miserable either. The exposed skin on my legs stung a bit, but the rest of me was warm. It took a while to wrap my brain around the fact that I wasn't freezing. As the season progressed the 2.0 began developing little pinholes and wasn't nearly as warm.

• Baller

Poor me, I dont have Camaro. Just anoter simple wetsuit.

I also have some trics to make it warmer: if water/air go uncomfortably cold I put on warm running suit (tights and top) underneath wetsuit. It kills two rabbits in one shot - extreamly warm and easy to put it on.

• Baller
Skied a short set yesterday. Air 47 degrees (F) and water 34 degrees (F). 2.0 Camaro full with neoprene beanie and neoprene gloves. In general I was warm enough but my gloves had some leaks and a few fingers started to hurt. Only did 4 passes mostly due to not skiing for a few weeks and trying to hard versus the cold. according to Matts Baller index write up the number comes to -31.67. I was unable to find the baller index calculator on the right hand side. OK my bad it only appears when you are on the discussions page not while you are actually in a discussion.