2016 Connelly GT

gregy

• Baller
@ozski ....just out of curiosity's sake...what would you consider, engaging, interesting and relevant content for a 15 or 30 second video? (the time frame for the most consumed-type of video content today) Would you like to see someone talking about the specs? Or the manufacturing process? Or someone tweaking a fin? (I'm not being sarcastic...I am open to your suggestions and would like to know what you are looking for.)

• Baller_
@The_Krista Joel did one of the most informative videos I've ever seen on a ski (the GT). He detailed every design elements as well as how those elements interact ..with rational for why it makes it a better ski. That caught my attention. We see adds with slow mo vid of ski/skier in stunning locations all the time with little explanation from the guy actually riding it in the video.

• Baller_
@Matt even the teaser vids are getting a bit redundant in content. Would rather be enticed by Joel pointing to a certain "NEW" element of the ski and explain that one part...and leave a little detail out..as a teaser. That would make me want to see the rest of the explanation. Of course I'm just thinkn out loud but my fist thought was....new ski?...new color..and nice skiing..and little else. Seems like it just got repainted and Joel can make any ski look awsome.

• Baller
I like it. Glass water, cool colors, funky beat and unique cam' angles - really like the end how the cam' follows the spray. Draws me right in... I like most of the other similar teasers from HO and Radar too. It's like a Waterski Mag add comes to life.

• Baller
I had an F1. Every skier on my lake that tried it 1. couldn't believe how fast it went & stopped. 2. got thrown off it on their second turn and plenty more after that. My F1 made a lot of drag and wore me out FAST. My 12 Prophecy is just as fast, stops just as well but isn't nearly as tiring. Skiing at 32mph, think carefully about the size and consider going one size above the recommended size for your weight.

• Baller
I think the goal of Connelly was accomplished - don't you think? How many people are following this thread vs how many are commenting on it? Probably a lot more following it than commenting - but it at least gets it out in the open. I would think the first video a mfg puts out wants to impart some type of mystery/mystic to the product so it makes you wonder and think about it. Goal accomplished Connelly!

• Baller

@wolfgang I think you should be shopping. An F1 at 32 mph, 22 off and 60 years old I don't think is helpful at all. I couldn't ride mine at 32mph was too slow. There are so many better skis out there for what you are aiming for you should start a new thread and ask. I wouldn't think a GT would be the ski for that either but I could be wrong. @wish funny :-) my girl has a 2014 pink HO couture. Very nice ski. Very light, just never wears you out. Lots of fun in open water but in the course I can't. Well the bloody thing won't stop!

I would love to test out a GT. My 2012 prophecy is a 67 and I am a bit heavier now (205 pounds) so a 68 would be better (34mph)

• Baller
Thanks @Ipskier and @GregHind , I think this time I'll demo my next ski. I've had enough OTF that for a while my nickname was Luke Skywater . But as I've progressed I've skied in 22 off and occasional 34 mph passes and now I feel that the F1 is still pretty capable. Usually I free ski at 28 off , 34. At least 60% of my time on the water is free skiing. Occasionally my stack is pretty good. Didn't Jamie set some 43 off records with a similar ski?

• Baller

The f1 was an amazing ski in its day and could be run through 41 off. Problem is, it throws you off, is unforgiving, wears you out and is totally outclassed for these reasons by modern skis. Great fun on a good pass tho!

If your goal is to run -15 to -28 at 32mph there will be many MUCH better skis for you out there. The GT would be miles better than what you have but I'm not sure if it is the best for you. You don't want a 36mph ski. But coming off an f1 you want something reasonably advanced which is responsive to both accelerate and decelerate.

Definitely time to hang up the f1. All those crashes were the ski as much or more than the skier.