Am I on the right ski?

Daddyodaman

Hi all, I posted earlier in the year about a new ski, and after weighing up between the radar p6 and the HO tx I went for the HO. Now don't get me wrong, I love the ski, and have felt a large improvement in my skiing in the last few months to the point i haven't got my wakeboard wet for ages. On the weekend my friend was with me skiing, and after breaking the binding on his old EP, he managed to get two demo skis to try out, a radar senate alloy, and a radar vapor (graphite I think). Naturally, I wanted to try them too, as they are higher end skis than mine. They were both 67" skis, like mine. Now, my friend weighs approx 85kg (185lb) and I weigh approx 71kg (155lb). I found the senate to be fun and fast, and not bad to get up on or control. The vapor felt like it didn't want to go straight when I needed a rest, but then it is a course ski. The main reason I'm asking is I've found myself wanting to ski much more aggressively (still no course ambition), and I just want to make sure I'm not too light to make use of my ski. I run at about 31-32mph. I'm having a lesson in a few weeks so I'll ask the instructors opinion too, but I'd love your thoughts. I Thought the TX would be my last ski for a long time, but I'm a little worried (as is my wife!) that I might be better on something more advanced (and pricey!). Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the replies guys. I was just worried that I was a little too light weight for the ski, given that it's marketed as "easy to get up on for bigger guys", and I'm neither big or struggle on a regular width ski. At least now I know with a couple of lessons and lots of practice I can make the most of it. I guess we all upgrade eventually....

• Baller_
The fact that you have already progressed beyond your "new" HO says that you are improving quickly. If you had gone directly to the Senate when you bought your TX, you might not have progressed so quickly. Don't fret; instead, give yourself a pat on the back.

Lpskier