Ankle Injury = pain in the A**

skihard

• Baller

Water still warm enough to ski with no suit. Weather has been very high 70's low 80's and I suffered an injury to my ankle! Arrr.

Ironically a ski buddy of mine and myself both suffered the exact same injury a week apart.

While turning a buoy the ski skipped and caught hard again resulting in a compression sprain of my back foot ankle.

It's a terrible injury in that it seems to take forever to heal.

I took a week off and yesterday went out to give it another shot.

First wake crossing through the gates it reminded me it hasn't gone away!

It really messes with your mind because you start over compensating and then everything is a mess.

Will try again today and if it's still something I can't seem to get around I guess the boat and ski get put up until such time as it gets better!

Hate it!!!!!! :(

• Baller
On the bright side, its a lot better than a broken talus. Myself and a ski buddy have both suffered that injury now and it really sucks. Takes you out for about a solid year. Rest that ankle up. Weak tendons and muscles tend to tear when overused.

Prewrap and Duct tape - gives you the stability to continue training. You will continue to over compensate till it heals. Takes forever. I had a major sprain the same compression sprain on my front ankle on June 2 and was skiing in a tournament the last week of June with it taped up like a walking cast. lol. this time of year I would let it heal. I am still having issues with it on my offside.

• Baller

@swaterkd - I use Radar Strada bindings so no release. It's the first time I have ever had an injury like this. I like the bindings because I have come out of them in previous crashes.

This one just compressed the back ankle after the ski skipped and then caught straight on again.

All thanks for the advice. I have a physical therapy plan now and won't be skiing for a couple weeks until it strengthens and heals up some.

• Baller

@swaterkd - I use Radar Strada bindings so no release. It's the first time I have ever had an injury like this. I like the bindings because I have come out of them in previous crashes.

This one just compressed the back ankle after the ski skipped and then caught straight on again.

All thanks for the advice. I have a physical therapy plan now and won't be skiing for a couple weeks until it strengthens and heals up some.