Is your garage ridiculous

aupatking

• Baller
@davemac I love that Orange EP. I don't know why. I hooked up the blue EP with an O'Brien Force 5 boot and HO RTP. I'm going to put on a spring tournament for myself and friends (who won't sue me) and round 2 everyone rides the "Mullet". That EP is the Mullet. From the 80's and business on top, party on the bottom.

• Baller_
@aupatking, I skied on an EP Super 2 until 2005. I bought it used around 1980. I may have even had a mullet-esque haircut for a year in there somewhere. Now, I can only barely remember having enough hair to pull that off.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@Bill22 Ricky McCormick Cypress Gardens trick ski. The one I learned on. I will never let that one go. I've also got the first HO Mach 1, just not here right now. I want to find a wooden O'Brien Mach One, and stop there, hopefully. I just think the first aluminum top O'Brien Mach 1 is a good looking ski.

• Baller
@Bill22 It is! I've got her little bitty Reflex boot coming in Monday. I'm hoping we can dial it down enough to release for her, but at 15 mph, it's very likely a non-issue. Now that you mention it, I really wish I had the Nomad leaned out where everyone could see it. That is still a great ski

• Baller
F44 craze above the window. I bought one brand new when I was 13. Skied behind my dads 26' cabin cruiser with it. Gave it to my nephew last summer to learn on. Nice and wide makes the deep water starts a breeze for the young ones.

• Baller
@Dano I bet the F44 Craze is only 2nd to the Concept in Connelly's best selling Skis of all time, only because the Concept ran for 30 years. Everyone had a craze. I know a guy that still has 2. One with each fin option. You're right, great for teaching the smaller ones.

• Baller

@Wayne , why is the hot tub in the garage? It's best used outside, even in winter. I actually use mine more in the colder months.

For everyone else, I understand your hatred for winter, but learn to love (or at least like ) it. Great chance to rest, snow ski, get in shape for next season, drink excessive amounts of beer, ski in extremely cold water, move south, try out new gear, watch football, watch college basketball, etc. ... who do i sound like?

@aupatking You may have an addiction.... I can't really call it a problem because you did get me up on a slalom this summer. I bought a ski, then a boat, then another ski, then another... Ok, so I may have the same addiction. There needs to be an a2 over between the a1 and a3..

• Baller

@igkya it's a cheap one that not rated for tolerating the Michigan winters. We had a really nice HotSprings spa at our old house that I hated to give up but it helped sell the house. Someday I will invest in another nice one, maybe build my boat dock to support the thing and have a lake side hot tub!

I agree, for those that never used one, the winter time is the best. Your hair is frozen but your are warm at the same time.

• Baller

Unfortunately my garage is really small and barely fits my wife's car. My car and the boat have to winter outside. It was worth the trade off to get the house on the lake we ski on though.

@aupatking my son was on a Reflex when he was 9. He was skiing faster than 15 as he reached max speed but we never had any trouble with it. We used it for both trick and slalom for him and he is still using Reflex now at 17.

• Baller

@Chef23 thanks for the info. We're gonna do a good bit of dry-land testing but she likes to put mine on, on my balance board/Reflex tester.

@Bill22 I'm 1 1/2 pallets into tiling the whole house, 1 1/2 to go. Right now the car and boat are outside too. That stuff is cluttering up my ski shop

• Baller

@aupatking the ceiling racks are something that I keep meaning to re-do. Currently they are just 4 bike hooks with 1x2's hanging from them. They are a little too close to the ceiling for some skis and the 1x2's move around when you are loading equipment onto them. haven't had anything fall yet but I keep meaning to firmly attach them with some spacers rather than the hooks.

The ceiling itself looks like what happens when someone is really bored. The original owner of the house was a contractor and those are all scraps of tongue and groove porch flooring - none of them bigger than about 3 feet and all hand nailed.

• Baller
Nothing photogenic like some of the previous posts. My single car garage has a 10 ft ceiling where the Nautique trailer hangs from a couple of beams. A utility trailer, riding mower and golf cart live below the boat trailer. Keeps the boat trailer out of the elements since the boat lives in a cradle.

• Baller

Currently has a snowmobile in it...

Mine is too small. Whoever decided that 22-23 Ft is standard depth should be slapped

Digging the knee board! Handy to be on when your out back with the kids at slower speeds or reliving Jr High glory days with 360s for days.

• Baller_

My garage needs a good cleaning and there are many things that need to be thrown away. When I had the house built, I had the garage design expanded to 26 feet deep to allow most standard ski boats to be stored with the platform attached and no need for a folding tongue on the trailer. I had the big door expanded to 18 feet wide (instead of the standard 16 feet) and the small door is 10 feet wide (instead of the standard 9 feet). Both doors are 8 feet tall (instead of the standard 7 feet) to allow for a car top carrier on the roof of an SUV. There are hot and cold water faucets inside and it was piped for natural gas. I haven't purchased/installed the ceiling mounted heater yet, but it has only been 16 years. I'll get around to it.

The boat is covered with the original shipping cover from the factory. It was preserved enough to be re-used for long distance towing and really covers the boat well.

0cbr85b3bnms.jpg

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.