Stisher joins Connelly

Horton

• Administrators
@jjackkrash the GT will be the first or second ski reviewed this year. I have to start skiing, get my confidence back and get back up to normal level first

• Baller

It is painful to admit when Horton is right. I see the Connelly ad.

@ozski Don't you think skis are a personal fit item? There is no one ski fits all. You really need to try as many skis as you can to figure out which one compliments and enhances your style.

I don't think it says anything negative about D3. I assume he just skis better on the current Connelly. I was trying to point out in my first post that most skiers don't even try Connelly.

I really liked the black and orange Prophecy but ended up liking the T2 even better.

• Baller
@Dirt Yep agree 100% I've been guilty of pretty much skiing D3 and KD forever. its only now I've decided to find a ski that might just be a better fit, a ski that might just give me an extra few buoys. The GT is a ski that has my interest but I've never been in the right place at the right time.. Skiing on the Denali this year has almost certainly made me a better skier and helped me to a couple of recent time tournament PB's.. But its not just about getting the right ski under you, its about the right setup and that's where I have learned the most.

• Baller

I have to say @Dirt makes a good point. I haven't skied on a Connelly in 6 years, and that was a 2000 model Concept. I can't say that even counts. I've skied 3 different skis in the past 4 years, but in that time I've tried 6 or 7 that were likely great skis. But no Connelly. The last of those was the V-Type R, which is an incredible ski, but nothing has ever felt as good as my T2.

I'm about to get my hands on a GT to test, for real. I'm truly excited! It feels like Connelly has put more into getting this ski out there than in the recent past. Possibly it's just a dealer network issue? I just don't see a lot of them out there these days. For that matter, I don't see a lot of dealers of any skis these days. Wasn't it just a few (maybe 10) years ago that everyone and their sister was on an F1?

Totally forgot about the point of the thread. I'm really stoked for Seth! Joel is smoking on that ski already

• Baller

Myself and 3 other club members have just been through testing new skies in order to purchase a new one. All skies were 2016 models, we tried the Vapor, V Type R and the GT.

Prior to the testing I expected to be buying the VTR, as my last 5 skies had been HO's Each ski had it's own positives, but all 4 of us chose the GT, and have since purchased.

• Baller

Connelly makes a sweet stick. I rode the orange Prophecy into 38 a handful of times. Actually it has been the only ski to take me through 35. Hmmm.... Though it was the wrong size (65") for me. I can only assume the GT is a even better ski.

I would tell anyone don't rule out a ski just because they don't advertise a lot! Try everything you can before you buy!

• Baller

Thanks for the friendly comments. Love the ski and love that Connelly is really re-focusing on slalom...this ski is evidence!

And no, this doesn't speak negatively of D3 skis in any way. They are a great company with great products! I just happen to love this Connelly and I love where they are going with things.

As for the comments about being back on the top, nice to read, but slalom score-wise I don't think I was ever there...so maybe it's time! I certainly won't have any excuses if I don't ski well.

Stay tuned for great things from Connelly and let me know if I can help get you on one to demo!

• Baller

Thanks @chris55 and @DW . Also, it has been brought to my attention by one anonymous person who may happen to own the best waterski website on earth, that I am a total waterski loser because I still have the size sticker on the tip of my ski. I would like to propose that all skiers rock the size sticker on their skis...and if you're ski doesn't have one, make one out of tape. This should be sure to drive @Horton crazy (oops, I think I may have just said his name).

• Administrators
I gotta get a call into the management at Connelly this morning. I'm sure they have no idea how much damage @Sethski is going to do to their historic brand.

@Sethski -any significant changes to the 2016 GT, from the 2015? I rode the 2015 and it didn't work as well for me, as my Prophecy. Also, it seems that the Connellys' marketing of the ski is directed to 36mph skiers. How's that translate for the 34mph skiers?

• Baller
@dtm. Being that I am new to the Connelly family, I don't know all of the details about what they have physically changed on the ski from 2015 to 2016, but I do know the difference in how they feel. The 2016 that I'm riding is definitely a lot more user-friendly and fluid through the turn without sacrificing any speed. In fact it feels faster to me perhaps based on the fact that I finish the turn much more fluidly. As far as 36 versus 34 mph, Fred Halt is the other team skier that gave me the first opportunity to test the skis. He is the world champion in the 35+ division, meaning that he's at 34 mph. I am also obviously a 34 mph skier now and we both love we both love the skis. Once you get back into your season of skiing, I think it's worth giving the GT a shot again. Let me know if I can help.

• Baller_

@Sethski so sorry for posting the pic of you with the ski size sticker on the ski. I missed that. Had I spotted it, photo shop would have solved what is obviously an upsetting and traumatic item for @Horton. So far the only thing Ive seen affect him this much is the Denali ski. Just ride it out. Punn intended.