ZO single puck conversion

dtm

• Baller_

It will most likely be a $500-$750 replacement for when the Garman receivers have failed, this will be the only option unless someone has a cache of original Garmans squirreled away . Also Will need to have the Control Re-flashed with updated software.

I know of two 2015 6.0 liters running the new hardware and latest software, Seems to work.

• Baller
@Jody_Seal, i replaced two Garmin pucks on a 2008 LXi summer 2014. (posted here previously). They were $139 at GPSCity at the time. I just checked and they still make this puck. Just to confirm your post above...as long as Garmin continues to make these, I assume no need to do the single puck conversion ($500-$750) you mentioned above. Am I correct? Thank you!

• Baller

I have asked everyone I know about this. Jody and Skip are the only ones that are aware of initial testing. I have not heard of the new pucks and software on a 5.7. That does not mean it doesn't exist. I would question how much work went into calibration of the new software to the 5.7. I know it took a bunch of work for the new engines. The new GPS receivers are up for sale on the zeroff website.

Supposedly the "bad" garmin pucks could be reflashed and work correctly. I don't know who did the reflash, nautique or zeroff. I would like to know if this could be done instead of buying new receivers.

I think all of us are wondering what the new speed control will feel like next year? I know they were trying to calibrate the new setup to get a similar feel to the older feel. How close we will see. I am not going to upgrade until I see how things shake out. It ought to be interesting to see what happens this year.

• Baller_

What I know and have come to understand is yes Garman still manufactures a receiver that resembles and physically looks like the unit from Pre 2015 Serial # (Not exact) how ever it does not communicate well and or will not retain it's firm ware as installed. These units seem to fail early or not work well or if at all out of the box.

The ECI recievers and adapter harness are what will replace the 2008-2015 Garman set up when and if they fail.

As with all the the manufacturers that build current competition ski boats further development and software updates are and will continue to happen, Nothing has changed with this even back in the PP day's

Now if skiers deem they want to update their speed control systems the update ECI systems are available and can be procured and installed. will the software gains change in the next 12 months? I would have to say yes. Again nothing has changed in this realm since the dawn of speed control.