The health benefits of watersking

skialex

• Administrators

That site is like so much of the internet lately - it's pretty much useless meanless content written by somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about.

There are companies that do nothing but pay people by the word to write articles that could be plausibly true to create web content to create traffic to create at dollars.

Crap.

• Baller
All I know is regular skiing burns calories and boosts metabolism. If I get to run buoys regularly in the summer I get very lean no matter what I'm eating. Winter isn't like that even if I'm in the gym a lot, I need to eat very carefully. It's a great nearly full body exercise...chest, triceps and front delts don't get much but almost all other muscle groups do.

• Administrators
@6balls clearly skiing is good exercise but I would bet that article was written by someone who has never skied or researched the subject

• Baller_
Does that really matter?? Heck, waterskiing just got put infront of Joe public with a great reason to get out there and ski. I say bring on more articles from other sources then the ones we all know. Spread the love I say.

• Administrators

@Wish that article is just stupid. Why do I care? It is not about waterskiing it is about the internet. Companies like Demand Media fill the tubes with crap.

Read https://goo.gl/rHZemb

• Baller

@Horton I didn't even read it figured it's garbage and not worth my time like most BS on the internet...just my thoughts on the metabolism boost and fitness benefit of regular buoy skiing.

I deal with internet crap brought by patients every day. You know how many patients asked me if my back surgery was that "laser" one where you leave an hour later with a band-aid on your back? Tip of the iceberg, man.

• Baller_
Ha! That's funny. My daughter's school won't allow Wickepedia as a source. Ya Ya I get it...I read it. Seems reasonable and I'm just not seeing the down side when it comes to waterskiing. No harm no foul from where I'm sitting and guessing there's a majority of readers that now think skiing has bigger benefits then chicks digging big spray. @6ball Ya know that lazer procedure leaves a much smaller scare ;-)

• Baller

@Horton is right. I work at a University Hospital and my wife (she is a physician) did research for more than 10 years about the causes of cardiovascular diseases and physical activities. I asked her to do a scientific review and there is no studies about the effect of waterski on the body or calories burn and so on. What is written on this article is not wrong and it is not scientific right or approuved if I may say so. But you can theese facts for a lot of other sports as well. Anyway sport activities is good but there is no way to compare a free waterski activity 3 to 4 times a month and a tournament waterskier who run starting at 28off to 41off.

In a other hand I read many times people having a heart attack just after finishing skiing and died.....so waterski can be dangerouus and even fatal......half empty ..half full, depending from which side you are looking at the topic.

Conclusion.......go skiing for yourself and don't read internet for health benefit or the opposit. We ski becaus we love it and this a good damn reason.......(sorry for my english, because I am not mother tongue english)

• Baller
Aside from the workout of skiing itself, NOTHING gets me to the gym more, or makes me work out harder once there, than my desire to ski better. I'm afraid if I ever have to stop skiing, I'll just wither up and blow away.