Vapor Boots

yardsale

• Baller
I too have moved from an amimal binding based very tight, from my snow skiing experiences, to double Vapors. My shoe size is 11 and everyone recommended 12 for the Vapors. Initially I was blown away by how lose they feel. Now I have adjusted. My question is why doesn't Radar simply re-number the sizes? They are great bindings BTW. Thank you Radar.

• Baller
If my shoe size was 10 I would wear 10s but I wear 10.5 shoes and ski in size 11 Vapor boots. I don't recommend going up a whole size from your regular shoe. Vapor boots will usually feel pretty snug in length when brand new but when the toe area of the liner packs out due either to repeated use or heat molding you will gain a little more room up there and that's where most people will feel as though they are too small. I recently had a friend put new liners in his old boots and he said it made them too tight so we heat molded them with toe caps on and now they fit fine.

• Baller

Yesterday I noticed that my front foot actually slides forward in the boot. I can kick it back between passes, but one would think if the foot is sliding forward it changes the foot from the tail measurment? My foot slides in very easily both front and back.

• Baller
Should I try heat molding the liner, or will this simply make the binding feel larger? Now it is very comfortable as one could well imagine. I do appreciate the comments and do like the binding, my skiing has not suffered, but I can't help but wonder if the binding was a bit tighter, would my ski control even be better.

• Baller
@Eddie_Roberts_Jr are there any plans to offer a larger size vapor boot? I just purchased my second pair of vectors last year (which I love) but had wanted to upgrade to the vapors only my feet are size 15 and I had to stay with the open toe. I think the current size maxxes out at 12-13, of course my ski buddies told me to just cut the toe off the vapor boot! ;)

• Baller

You might be able to get by with the 13-14 Vapors. I have size 14 feet and they were tight until I heat molded them with a toe cap. Now they're perfect. You might be able to cut the toes out of the liner to accommodate 15s, or wear them without the footbeds in.

Size 15 Vapors would be tough to get mounted where you would need them with the sequence plate. The size 14s were a challenge to mount a hole back from center. The rear heel location blocks the screw holes.

@MS, I just used the instructions from Intuition's website to mold my liners using a sock filled with rice. I was afraid to use the oven method, didn't want to melt them by mistake. I used 3 pounds of rice, I think it will also work in Mike's 13-14. The only problem I had was filling one of his old Smartwool ski socks with the rice, it stretched out too much and was hard to put in the boot. I switched to one of mine (size 9, ultralight bridgedale) that had more elastic and it worked pretty good. I would think a compression sock would work pretty good if you have any around.

http://intuitionliners.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IntuitionHomeFit.pdf

13-14s had plenty of room for my husband's monkey toe (long 2nd toe). He is on the larger side of 13 and usual has trouble with his toes and ski boots. We thought these would need some work, but are good even without heat molding.