Performance Customer Service

Horton

• Administrators

Twice this year I went http://www.perfski.com/ and ordered the wrong thing. 100% my fault.

The first time this happened the staff at Performance told me to return the item for an exchange. It was a small item so I just kept it. Again my fault.

The second time they somehow knew that what I ordered might not be what I wanted and they actually called me and asked if I was sure. I know this is a fluke but it is amazing.

Let’s be clear – In both cases I went on the web site in the same way anyone else would – No special treatment. They just give that kind of service.

I do business with a lot of nice people in this industry. I am sure happy I do business with Bill at Performance.

• Baller_
I'll echo perf skis' great customer service. I ordered something I December that I was in no hurry to receive. I got an email the next day saying it was back ordered and would be several more days before they got it in and they were working with the supplier to expedite. They ended up shipping straight from the supplier to me. "Over and above" seems to be normal for them.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

We were in Orlando this winter and rented little kid demo skis for my younger son. First, they actually had them. Second, we were there two days before we would ski so they only charged us for one day of use.

Similarly, Kathy's service when I bought my Radar was outstanding.

Good people.

I ordered a rear plate for a binding and noticed the shipping was a little high but decided to buy it any way. The day after my order I received and email saying they noticed the same thing and sent me a refund because they felt it was too much. Can't speak highly enough for people who will go out of their way to help out their customers.

• Baller
Yes, I bought a pair of Vapor bindings for my son for which I accidentally ordered two lefts partly due to it being a little confusing on their website. No problem at all and had the replacement in a few days. I've ordered pretty much all of my gear from them over the past several years, with zero issue.

• Supporting Member

Agreed, that you will never find an online and in person experience like Performance. I guess they couldn't use Nordstrom Ski & Surf for legal reasons.

They must do something right for the grass root local guys too as both guys at Jodi's and Wilson Bro's had nothing but great things to say about them.

@Lovell, the only gloves they didn't have 5 weeks ago were XXL Masterline/Clinchers (waiting for their order). They run a deep inventory and sell stuff from A-Z. See my in-store shot below. Crazy nice and knowledgeable people.

vh9q8402wohb.jpg

• Baller
While on vacation in March they offered and we accepted to have them check the specs on my sons ski so we would know if fin and wing were in specs and have a base number. They provided this service and were happy to do so knowing we bought the ski somewhere else. They are a well stocked, skier friendly shop!

• Baller
I have always had great experiences with them both with online ordering and in-person visits. A couple years ago I was in O-Town picking up a boat. I stopped in to get a jump binding overlay and mentioned that I had a project to install it in the hotel that night. They said "do you have the binding with you"? I did and they said bring it in and we will change it for you. Only took them about 20 minutes, about a third the time it takes me for a job I really dislike. They didn't charge a dime extra to replace the overlay on the binding for me. Customer for life now!