loosing stack

paul413ski

• Baller
Read the books, watched the videos, skied with very good skiers for several years and im stuck running the occasional 32 at 34mph I understand the theory my better skiing colleagues value my input I always start my sets with a plan and then it becomes a blur any advice would be really appreciated on how to map a path to 35 off more often

• Baller
As stated above. Timing and it all starts at the pull out for the gates. There's a lot of buzz words, stack, handle control, etc but if your not at the right place at the right time your making the task much harder.

• Baller

Read this if you haven't already Want to be a better skier? Start with your mental game.

I've been back and forth I work up to mid 28off then back to struggling with 15off. Had all kinds of Professional coaching but my brain has been programmed to ski a certain way, 15plus years of rec skiing, 30 plus years on and off of competitive skiing and I'm finally beginning to brake through. You have to clear your preconceptions and start reprogramming you brain. As Joel says it will take you outside of you comfort zone.

• Administrators

@OB1 I did not invent the word stack.

It is not everything but if you drag your hips - your connection is bad (hands away from hips), your weight is back and you are working hard to move slowly from side to side. It is not everything but skiing with a crap stack is a LOT harder.

Happy to see some talk about technique around here... It is about that time of year again.

• Baller

Watch the video and if your confused about anything then watch it again. If you take the time to apply this your task will be that much easier. Discipline is the key here, give up chasing buoys and learn this stuff, own it and you have the tools to run -35 and shorter.