98 CC Repair Manual

BCM

• Baller

Anyone have a source for a repair manual for a 98 CC? I have found a PDF of the original owners manual but it doesn't give me much. I am looking for things like wiring schematics, reference numbers for plugs, filters, etc. Cooling system schematics, etc. Something along the lines of the old Chilton car manuals would be nice. I once had a dealer service manual for my old Ford pickup, that would be ideal (step by step instructions for everything).

No big repairs planned yet, just lots of little things with the anticipation of bigger things down the road.

Thanks.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal - I had stumbled upon those, I was hoping for a little more. The bakesonline.com that @oldjeep mentioned has a PCM manual that looks like it is more what I am looking for. However, I would love to have something that covered the entire boat.

Thanks.

• Baller

Good luck. I did manage to get a complete engine wiring diagram through my dealer for my 2001 year SN but I haven't found any online resource or a book that covers it.

Frankly the wiring aside from the engine and dash is so simple I'm not sure a book would offer any more info.

• Baller
@Fast351 - I am mostly looking for mechanical repair references, including cooling system and wiring. I had the dash apart a few weeks ago (new stereo install) and there are lots of wires back there, but its pretty simple. Engine wiring would be helpful. Its all easily traceable and not too difficult to figure out, but I would rather spend 10 minutes in a reference manual than 2 hours figuring it out.

• Baller
@BCM You mentioned "I would love to have something that covered the entire boat". I'm guessing you're looking for something similar to a "chilton's" for a car, but for your boat. I'm not sure you'll find the same "Factory" service manual anywhere for a Nautique as a whole boat. You'll find them for the motor and a few of the individual parts of the boat but that's about it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone asked a factory Nautique mechanic if such a thing exists? I do know that such a manual does not exist for my Gekko nor for my old MC or Supra.

• Baller

@Stickman - I had to cut the old harness off, but all of the wire colors matched, real easy to put back together. I didn't try to look for an adapter or deck that would plug in. I found a good deal on a deck and have an abundance of butt connectors.

Thanks @Wish - That will be a big help.

@pkreush - A "Chilton's" style manual would be nice, ideally a full service manual similar to the one I had for my old Ford pickup would be better, step by step instructions for everything from oil change to motor rebuild. The link @Wish sent will help a lot.