Connelly FREE SKI (Literally)

Horton

• Administrators
We want to sponsor you! We’re looking for a slalom-addicted, waterski obsessed, big-spray-maker to join our team. Show us your passion for all things waterski by using the #iskiconnelly tag for a chance to win. The bigger your obsession, the greater your chances are of winning. We will outfit you with all of the top 2016 Connelly gear, feature you on our social media and share your enthusiasm for spray legs and blistered-hands with the world. In return, like any sponsored athlete, we assume you will rock the equipment, slash some buoys in the name of Connelly and take Kim K.-worthy selfies with our product like the boss that you are. 

Contest ends July 15

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/2016/ConnellyFree.jpg

• Baller
I thought it was actual spray leg from the first few times of skiing without a dry suit! Not the actual apparel. I will be sure to take a nice picture of some spray leg (not the apparel) when I can ditch the drysuit and hopefully the fleece bomber hat too! @The_Krista Great idea BTW!

• Baller
Yep as of now I'll be wearing a spray leg over a shin guard because of the dreaded Reflexshin. I've banged mine up quite a few times, but this last one got infected and made a real mess of my shin, I'd rather look a fool than have to miss time on the water.

• Baller
@unksskis ... I believe they want pictures showcasing how much you love to ski...on any brand, on a 2x6'...It doesn't matter. The tag is just an easy-to-remember, not-yet-been-used, name-branded-tag to compliment the contest. The idea is to get people talking and posting about how much they love the sport... and if the people are tagging #iskiconnelly it means they want a shot at a sponsorship and aren't all that brand-loyal to other brands anyway ;) So long story short....yep!

• Baller
@rodltg2 I like to think of it as a "filing system" for online content. If you post something on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc., and use a hashtag, it files that content with everything else that has also been tagged with that specific phrase. You can then use search tools, or social outlets to search a specific hashtag and see what other users have "filed' under that category...or like @unksskis says, it connects it all together. For instance, we had one for our wedding...very specific to our name...so when people took candid photos and posted them with our hashtag, we could go and see them all in one place...and still can :) Hope that helps a little bit. It's a great way for companies to see what users are paying attention to their campaigns and identify who is posting what (as long as their accounts are public)

• Supporting Member

Veering off-topic, but I can't resist: A hashtag was a super-nerd thing used for rapid searching of massive data. The folks who created Twitter (who of course were super-nerds), wanted to harness this concept by having the users actually provide the tags, rather than determining them algorithmically. The little # was just to tell the machine that this was the tag rather than the text of the message.

And suddenly "hashtag X" became part of the vernacular, complete with folks making little #'s with their fingers. So far, the well-known-to-comp-sci-geeks "hash function" and "hash table" remain out of public discourse.

But it's wacky how I've made it to the point where all sorts of decidedly non-nerdy people throw around nerd terms (without knowing it, in most cases).

The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth.