T3

Gloersen

• Baller_
Tom Brantley ran 4@41 yesterday in practice on a T3. He's only had about a dozen sets in the slalom course so far this season and he's been killing it all week getting ready for the LCQ. WIll ran41 at LaPoints Monday (on an HO of course). Lots of good scores on that little pond. #iskiconnelly

Lpskier

• Baller

@sunnydaysmn - The 6.1 is a great ski, the T3 however (beneath my feet) is better.

I’m a solid 32off but inconsistent 35 off skier but totally confident this T3 will get me through 12m consistently this season.

Everyone has subtleties as skiers that make some ski models preferable; the T3 just works well for me. It’s very stable, turns better than the 6.1 on both sides, rolls on a high edge out of the turn, accelerates smoothly upon hook-up, and just builds angle through the pull. The space and width in front of the buoy is crazy good; so yes, it’s fast but with ample stability and control. The most notable quality is a bunch of sets on it since the beginning of April and not feeling all beat up yet.

The tail sidewalls/bevels, shape (from what I understand) are quite novel compared to prior AM skis, the torque slot narrowed a bit, etc.

Kris LaPoint is clearly a master at designing and refining skis, not to mention his diligence and passion to continue to make a better ski. Along with his R&D team I’m sure the T-series skis brought to us by Andy will evolve into something even better (if that’s possible)!

The best advice is to find a way to O-town and ride one at LaPoint Ski Park.

• Baller

@Gloersen description of the T3 is well written. "Everyone has subtleties as skiers that make some ski models preferable; the T3 just works well for me. It’s very stable, turns better than the 6.1 on both sides, rolls on a high edge out of the turn, accelerates smoothly upon hook-up, and just builds angle through the pull. The space and width in front of the buoy is crazy good; so yes, it’s fast but with ample stability and control. The most notable quality is a bunch of sets on it since the beginning of April and not feeling all beat up yet."

I have ridden the 6.1, T2 and T3 and agree with him. I ski at 34 and there is a significant difference between the T2 and T3. The T3 turns both sides really well and gets great angle. It requires less effort.

I am not really in ski shape and down to my usual skiing weight yet. I think the 68 will work better for me at this weight.

• Baller

@chriss55 - 34mph skier and I had been riding the 67.5" T2 (also 6.0, 6.1; both loaned to other skiers and not likely to ever get my hands back on them).

The T2 is great with regard to smooth acceleration and creating space into the wakes; very early and wide into next buoy.

However, at least under this ski hack's feet, the T3 is even better at smooth acceleration; getting wide, early space, but does a much better job transitioning through the edge change. It feels as though it rolls out and away on the decelerating edge off the second spray allowing the finish of the turn off the backside better than other skis I've ridden. (metrics in the vid are not accurate at all times)

(66" - .825/6.804-tips/2.515/8; 29.25"/12" spread)

• Baller

@Horton - concur. There are moments when it makes sense but too many delays in update capture to be of real use.

However some OBD2 data (coming soon - RPM/ZO speed vs skier) with real time overlay will be accurate and perhaps of some self-coaching benefit.

• Baller
@Gloersen thank you so much for your review and the video is great too. I am still in the learning process at 30mph to 32mph espacially because we ski on a big open and public lake (water temp was still 50° last week.....bbrrrrr). I bought my ski (went from a O'Brien Mapple 2002 to the T2, big change) a week before the T3 was out so I am wondering what it would have been but no regrets except the T3 is looking so nice in blue, whouaw, I just love the layout of that ski. Waiting for @Horton review of the T3

• Baller
I've got about 6 sets on the T3 and so far and I would say it is by far the best ski I've ever been on, and I've been on almost everything out there. Coming off a T2. KLP did a remarkable job with this ski.