The Denali Review has started

Horton

• Baller

Potentially the most anticipated review in BOS history?

Notwithstanding the excellent details from @Than_Bogan, @Wish, @Razorskier1, and others, I think a lot of people are looking forward to the official @Horton review with excitement.

• Administrators

Sticker jokes aside....

I have 2 real sets on the ski. I also have a set or two with prank settings. I had the correct settings and did not use them. Somehow this is Adam's fault.

Speaking for the 2 real rides - the ski does not feel radical or strange. It feels comfortable. It is pretty fast and stable. My first ride on it I skied as well as I have all year. Besides that the only thing I have to say is that it is not a hoax.

• Supporting Member

Great start. I have not ridden the production model yet, so please keep in mind what I'm about to say might not apply: But for the Beta my sense was that until the speed felt like "eyelids peeling back," it wasn't set right. That ski can still turn with crazy speed, so there's really no reason not to tune it accordingly.

I'm mildly surprised that it didn't feel at all strange to you at first, but then again your super-power is adapting quickly to new skis.

• Baller

Seriously that was my first impression...it felt really comfortable not strange at all. Has some characteristics I really want to explore at shorter lines but just getting started here in southern Canada(Minnesota). Today 55 water temp 51 air temp for one set of 6 passes.

• Administrators
My reviews are more about describing than judging. I have to say I have no idea what how I will describe this ski. I will say that after 4 rides I am pretty fired up. I think this ski is going to be a favorite.

• Baller

@OB1 "skiing lives matter!" No ribs for you next time :)

Water temp 55-60 depending on the day, drysuit, weeds choking off prop half the time creating the "mystery pull" in terms of speed...the 16.74 wasn't intentional. But I did get in the boat and ask how slow the time was...and it was actually hot. That may "count" for something in eval of a water ski.

I may write some sort of non-contributory review after some more time on the ski.

• Baller

Agree with Horton's notion of easy on the body in another post. Very tolerant of mistakes actually makes it turn out great when I thought I messed up into the ball...I'm not sure how it does this. Really runs after the ball and into hook up saving me time and creating a LOT of north/south space before the ball...at that point many options regarding how I want to turn the ski, where I want to turn the ski. I'm experimenting to figure out what's best. I have yet to slam dunk a 2 or 4 ball which was a bad personal habit that no fin/wing/binding adjustment on ANY ski I've owned has been able to solve.

I officially gave my Razor to my ski buddy today no turning back...she was a good friend with practice (doesn't count of course) and tourney PB (which counts), as well as more 38's than all my other skis combined (though not many of those counted). I kinda figured my best scores were in my rear view mirror...I have renewed hope. May not beat them, but if I could more consistently ski like that again it would be cool. Mostly...I just want to out-ski @OB1 >:) when it counts. Wish I could make Atlanta...have a riot down there!