Next Gen of OB4? What is this MOB Binding?

• Baller

@Jordan the facebook page link should have been changed to www.facebook.com/MikesOverallBinding and that has now been corrected. I am working on the website which should be up soon, with more information on the changes and improvements to my products. @BrennanKMN is correct, I am no longer directly involved in the OB4 company. I try to listen to the feedback from skiers who have used the products I developed. Through MOB Systems, I remain committed to improving usability and performance of the products that I develop and personally test, based on my twenty plus years of competing on the original product and its variations.

Mike

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

Hi @mmosley899 is there any patent on your binding systems as it seems that the MOBS and the OB4 are still identical in operation. To me it looks like OB4 have glitter up their binding system (fancy looking plate and Boa lace boots) but nothing else seems different.

• Baller_
I met Mike once up at Whitestone. OB4 may be a great system. But Mike is a great guy. Was easy to see his passion. Passion drives innovation. Innovation dives the sport. My guess is any improvements Mike has made are all in the right areas with little fluff to just sell a product.

• Baller
@fox197 be patient, you have not yet seen what I am building. I will not comment on what OB4 is doing. @Wish is right, I'm not much into fluff.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Members
More flexible (and lighter), PLEASE! This was my concern with the OB4 when I tried them previously. The added stiffness completely changed my ski's performance to the point where I had all kinds of trouble making a pass. I'm all for the added safety, but it didn't help if I couldn't ski normally in the first place.

• Baller

I'm interested in this. I chose an OB4 because reflex didn't offer a boot big enough and I was able to mount size 14 Stradas on an OB4 plate.

When OB4 offered the newer hardshells in size 13 last year, was able to switch to those after several liner cooking sessions. (actually one of those with an RTP) @mmosley899 , hope you will still be able to accomodate Bigfoot types.

• Baller
@Bookm_dano my new system has an optional XL plate which will accommodate shoe sizes up to 15/16! I did keep that in mind. Too many requests not too.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller
@ThePantsManCan the new MOB G10 boot plate is now available. They will work well with Powershell boots, and the Supershell boots. They fit the new MOB release and the OB4. FYI, I have been skiing on this boot plate since February.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller

@Bookm_dano the new MOB XL boot plate is now available on the website for skiers needing size 12 - 16 boots. The XL boot plate only works with the new MOB system release plate.

@fox197 the new MOB system can be seen on the website, no frills, just performance.

Mike's Overall Binding

My complaint is the weight of the OB4 system. I purchased the double boot setup last year after a summer ending back injury on Stradas. I had several bad OTF falls early this summer and the release worked flawlessly but it felt like I had dumbbells on the end of my feet as I was cart-wheeling across the lake. Can't fully contribute my 2 swollen, twisted knees to the bindings, but they didn't help. I have sz 12 OB4s, so it doesn't look like I can switch to the MOB G10 plates. My search continues.

• Baller

@tewbert over the twenty years I have used this type of system I have continued to reduce the weight as I made refinements. The OB4 system was lighter than what I was using before that, and it never hampered my performances. My new MOB release is lighter. And I have an XL G10 boot plate that will go up to size 15 boots. Photo of #12 shell on XL plate.

kitl9u6bgn2i.jpeg

Mike's Overall Binding