Another Old Guy Looking for Assistance

ESPNSkier

• Baller

Hi, first time posting here but been lurking for about a year and loving the site! I'm 60 years old (6'2" & 185 lbs, LFF) and have been skiing off and on for 40+ years but skied my last tournament back in the 80s. I'm trying to get back in the game and recently bought a 67" HO Superlite CX with Vapor boots (Thanks Performance Ski and Surf!). I'm 6 sets into the ski at 32 mph and 2 sets into the boots. Love the ski and ran a PB 6 @ 28 off on my second set (would have taken a stab at 32 except for that pesky jet ski). I seem to be having a harder time adjusting to the new boots (came off of Animals) and am having trouble turning the onside balls at 28 and beyond as I am carrying too much speed into the ball and getting slack.

My question is should I move the front boot forward one hole; or put a bit more angle in the wing; or, wait until I can ski with Matt Rini in the next couple of weeks so that he can start to fix some of my bad habits? Here is my setup:

Boots at 29.37" (Spec calls for 29.5" but with my ski (animals or Vapors) it's either 29.37" or 29.62"

7 degrees

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Baller
Thanks for the feedback! Boot and/or fin adjustments are new territory for me and I just want to make sure I am heading in the correct direction. Looks like Plan "C" won't be an option until at least early July now.

• Baller
I am considering that but don't really know how long I should ride the Animals before I try the Vapors again? I've run 28 off in the Animals and 2.5 @ 28 off in the Vapors, although I am smoother and get far less slack at the ball in the Animals (at least for now).

• Baller
you said you are "smoother" with the Animals? Stick with them a bit longer until you get the ski dialed in. If you're getting slack with the he Vapors and not the Animals, and smoother with Animals, I'd have to say it's not a ski adjustment that's needed.